4 links

Talk about materials, fabrication, fasteners, soldering, and anything else here.
CrewCabClod

4 links

Post by CrewCabClod » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:59 am

Does anyone know if there is a difference in length on the Axial Wraith 4 links verses the aftermarket Clod ones? I plan on using those on a project, just curious if I'll have to make some modifications.

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: 4 links

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:09 pm

There are various aftermarket one's with different lengths. I have actually been kicking this idea around myself. I used to have a wraith that I made into a monster truck, and I remember mocking up some of the links for it on a stock clod. As I recall, they were slightly longer than stock.... but that's about all I can tell you as I no longer have the wraith or any of it's links.

If you plan to have the triangulating links on the bottom, you will have issue's to deal with though, as the rod ends won't be orientated correctly, and you will need to make a mounting block of sorts on the chassis. If putting those links up top, it should not matter.

One other thing, you'll want to switch out the composite pivot balls for steel ones, as they get slop in them pretty fast.

....and welcome to the site! :)

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:20 pm

CrewCabClod

Post by CrewCabClod » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:34 am

Cool, thanks for the info fellas!