carbon fiber

Talk about materials, fabrication, fasteners, soldering, and anything else here.
snakebite03
Approved Member

carbon fiber

Post by snakebite03 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:22 pm

im in need of a sheet of carbon fiber for a project anyone know the best place to buy at a good price?

coops309
Approved Member

Re: carbon fiber

Post by coops309 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Before i bought my Carbon Terminator i thought about making my own, a quick search on Google or Ebay brought up plenty of suppliers.

Also if you want it to look nice and shiny on both sides you need robotics grade which is a bit more money :)
If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off..!
Clodzilla IV Chassis. Venom Fireball 13d cans
Traxxas EVX-2 esc. Hitec HS-645Mg Servo
Fully Ballraced

Irio - esos
Approved Member

Post by Irio - esos » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:05 am

I believe mcmaster carr does CF sheets.

snakebite03
Approved Member

Post by snakebite03 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Google pulls up a ton of random junk and found a few places and a guy on rcmt gave me a link where he gets his stuff. i did also find some on eBay after a bit of searching. im still working on my design and going to have the first piece made out of aluminum cause carbon fiber is pricey then once i get it how i want then make it out of carbon fiber. the parts im working on are for a heli but ive also thought about designing a chassis but i want to find a way to offer it at a lower cost just cause i dont like how costly rc parts are myself lol

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

snakebite03 wrote:Google pulls up a ton of random junk and found a few places and a guy on rcmt gave me a link where he gets his stuff. i did also find some on eBay after a bit of searching. im still working on my design and going to have the first piece made out of aluminum cause carbon fiber is pricey then once i get it how i want then make it out of carbon fiber. the parts im working on are for a heli but ive also thought about designing a chassis but i want to find a way to offer it at a lower cost just cause i dont like how costly rc parts are myself lol

You have to stop breaking parts! Than they won't be so costly... :wink: :mrgreen:

Good luck with your custo parts!
Jeff

snakebite03
Approved Member

Post by snakebite03 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

hahaha ive only broke two so far :)