Anyone want to try a front/rear steering mount?

Talk about materials, fabrication, fasteners, soldering, and anything else here.
orcusomega
Approved Member

Re: Anyone want to try a front/rear steering mount?

Post by orcusomega » Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks! I have had good luck with onlinemetals.com - I have ordered pre-cut pieces from them bretty inexpensively (relatively speaking). For stock, I go with Grainger or McMaster-Carr, since they are fast, and nearby...

I should have pictures later today of all the components assembled - the three piece one (plate stock plus two upright servo mounts) is just about done, but I broke my countersink bit, so I will need to run out to get one at lunch. Other than that, it is good to go. As for the one out of the angle stock, that is on hold, pending the delivery of the angle stock LOL.

Bob

FlashGordon1
Approved Member

Post by FlashGordon1 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Ok Bob,just keep all of us posted on your build!
SOLID AXLE SHAFT MONSTER TRUCK'S
http://www.facebook.com/groups/228629583892520/

orcusomega
Approved Member

Post by orcusomega » Sat May 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks, but it isnt mean to be a build for me, just hoping it would help some other folks looking to do similar :)

Honestly, i have too many builds going on - 2 Clods (one racer, one crawler), a BL conversion on an MT2, and a few others!

Bob

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat May 08, 2010 2:56 pm

orcusomega wrote:Honestly, i have too many builds going on - 2 Clods (one racer, one crawler), a BL conversion on an MT2, and a few others!

Bob
Then what are you doing here? Get back to the shop and get them suckers built! Oh, and don't forget to post all about it in the Monster Projects forum. :mrgreen:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

orcusomega
Approved Member

Post by orcusomega » Sat May 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Non-Clod projects too?

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat May 08, 2010 10:38 pm

orcusomega wrote:Non-Clod projects too?
Hey, if it's RC, post about it. Non-clod builds may not belong in the Monster Projects area, but I know folks would be interested. Over the years we've had boats, subs, aircraft, and cars and buggies of all kinds.

Speaking of which, if you're into buggies and MT type rigs, you may want to check out http://www.rc10talk.com/index.php You'll be blown away by the knowledge those guys have over there for all things that go fast! 10Talk is our sister site and the guys over there are great.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

orcusomega
Approved Member

Post by orcusomega » Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm

I have almost exclusively HPI products, so have been active on HPISavageforum.com - but i will definately check it out!

This weekend has so far been entirely unproductive, but I hope to get some done later today.

On a related note, the 3-pc unit was moderately successful. My servo mounting holes need to be tweaked, since i mis-judged some measurememts - one of the downfalls of a manual non-digital dial gauge...

I've gotta run, be back in a bit.

Bob