Shodog's Gallery

A place for you to post pics of your R/C collection.
This is show+tell only, no discussions here please.
Forum rules
One gallery per user.
-Pics and descriptions only.
-Please include links to corresponding build thread of vehicle if applicable.
-Please do not comment/post in galleries!! Follow the links, or send a PM.
shodog
Approved Member

Shodog's Gallery

Post by shodog » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:11 pm

have been into RC cars since I was a kid in the the 80's. I did a little bit of racing and a lot of bashing. Sadly the only thing I have left from that time is a partial Tamiya hilux chassis which I turned into Juggerlux. I have been lucky enough to be able to collect what I had and what I wished for back then and then some.

I'll start with my small collection of RC10s. I have done my best to make each one of them really nice. I seek out rare and cool parts to make each one.

New built 6016 buggy
This buggy is a stock new build. The only modification I have done is to add the Tecnacraft aluminum wheels. The body was painted by Doug of Squarehead Designs

RC10 Graphite with MIP 4wd kit
This buggy is built mostly of hop ups. The suspension arms, arm mounts, bulkhead and front bumper are from Andy’s. The shock towers are vintage graphite from Parma. The dampers have CRP aluminum shock collars. The Transmission and 4wd kit are from MIP with a Hyperdrive belt drive system. The motor is a Reddy Modified Mr. T. The wing is an aluminum one made by Thorp. Tecnacraft wheels and titanium turnbuckles

Composite Craft '91 Worlds buggy
This buggy is built mostly of hop ups. The stock Team associated aluminum parts and all the other aluminum parts were custom anodized red. The front and rear world’s arms with steering enhancement kit, front RC10T front bulkhead, team car rear bulkhead, Losi hydra drive gear cover, ball ends and front bumper are from RPM. The gear case is made of aluminum by Walt who is RC10Talk member. MIP Lite drives are installed on stealth internals with CVD’s from MIP. Team Losi hydradrive with Team Losi stealth top shaft. The wheels, titanium turnbuckles, quick release wing mounts and aluminum hardware are from Tecnacraft. The world’s chassis and top plate as well as the battery plate, transmission brace and shock towers are from Composite Craft. The lexan dampers, aluminum collars and aluminum spring perches are from HG.

RC10 Worlds
Built mostly stock with a few hop ups. Andy's front and rear arms. RPM gear cover. Composite Craft shock towers. Tecnacraft titanium turnbuckles. RCPS titanium hinge pins. T&A machined aluminum wheels. Thorp aluminum wing. Many of the steel screws replaced with aluminum ones. Parts of the nose and motor plate have been machined away.

2013 RC10 Classic
Dhawk aluminum parts. Thorp 48 pitch gears. Jammin Jay differential set. RPM arms, ball ends and spring perches. Tecnacraft turnbuckles. Lohas aluminum wheels. MIP CVD's full ball bearings. Box art body painted by Doug at Squarehead Designs. Build thread here http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 43#p381843

RC10 Ascot sprint car conversion
This sprint car is built mostly of hop ups. Aluminum cages, exhaust pipes and nerf bars from an Ascot sprint car conversion. The suspension arms, arm mounts, bulkhead and Chassis are from Andy’s. The transmission is a chain drive from Ranch Pit Shop. The motor is a Reddy Modified Mr. T. Tecnacraft wheels, titanium turnbuckles and front titanium axles. Build thread is here http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26632

6016 RC10
I got this in a trade from a list member. It's been modified for an MIP 4WD kit. I haven't decided what to do with this one yet.

Composite Craft RC10T
This truck is built mostly of hop ups. The front and rear arms with steering enhancement kit, rear bulkhead, Losi hydra drive gear cover, ball ends and front bumper,body mounts, gear case are from RPM. MIP Lite drives are installed on stealth internals with CVD’s from MIP . Team Losi hydradrive with Team Losi top shaft. The wheels and titanium turnbuckles are from Tecnacraft. The graphite chassis and top plate as well as the battery plate, transmission brace and shock towers are from Composite Craft. The stock dampers have aluminum caps and CRP aluminum collars.

Factory Team T4

Shodog Jr.’s Factory Team T3
This is a truck I built for my son. Lunsford titanium turnbuckles. Carbon filled plastics throughout. Novak GT7 ESC and Epic 14 turn modified motor.

Team Associated 10L
This chassis is built using a ton of hop ups. The front suspension is by Raceco. The rear pod is a tecnacraft aerofoil. The wheels and hubs are Tecnacraft as well as the steering rods. The hyperdrive belt system powers the axle. There are also some HPI chassis bits thrown in the mix just for good measure. Build thread can be found here http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18023

Yokomo RPS YZ834B
Delta chassis, dampers, axles, drive cups. Advanced racing wheels

JConcepts BJ4we
All stock build. I have a new body, wing and chassis to freshen it up. I plan this to be a runner

The four amigos

Tamiya Rough Rider
Lots of hop ups here. RCH aluminum chassis, suspension arms, rear suspension mounts and wheel covers. MRP lexan radio box. Thorp ball diff and spur gear. Delta shocks and CRP shock towers. Pro line wheels. The working fog lamps made by Cul-tech

Rothmans Rough Rider
This is my runner that has bee hopped up considerably. RCH aluminum chassis, wheel covers, coil overs dampers, brass main gear. CRP rear cage and race prep front bumper

Tamiya Super Champ
Pretty much stock with the exception of a set of RCH wheel covers. I had my welder weld up the rear cage to get rid of the tacky zip ties that normally tie it together

Jagermeister Rough Rider
I installed one of my custom front guards and first generation rear cage and a set of RCH aluminum wheel covers. The working fog lamps made by Cul-tech

Tamiya Sand Scorcher with MIP 4WD kit
Everything on this is aftermarket or custom made. Not really much of anything is Tamiya on it. RCH front suspension uprights and arms, RCH aluminum wheel covers. MIP 4X-100 4WD kit, trailing arms, gearbox with ball diff and drive shafts. Delta dampers. Custom Shodog rear guard.

Kyosho Scorpion
Built with a few hop ups. Thorp ball diff, Tecnacraft wheels, JG aluminum rear guard, You-G aluminum wing, CRP coil overs for the dampers

Kyosho Ultima
Built stock with a few hop ups. Kyosho gold dampers. Robinson racing front knuckles and C hubs. Tecnacraft wheels and tunbuckles. I have a ton of hop ups slated to be installed on this buggy

AYK 566B

Tamiya Hornet
This buggy has the CRP front shock kit, Parma nerf bars and RCH wheel covers. Painted up in the patented Shodog livery.

Tamiya Frog
The frog was my first quality R/C car so I wanted to build this frog with lots of hop ups. Chrome chassis and parts from Tamiya and CCP. CRP front shock kit, rear coil overs, shock mounts and gearbox skid plate. Parma nerf bars. RCH wheel covers. You-G aluminum wing. Thorp ball diff and dog bone axles

Tamiya Hotshot

Tamiya Fox
My first vintage restore that essentially morphed into a complete new build.

Tamiya Wild One

John Boyer Sand Rail
Built using a mix of traxxas parts, there are still things I want to get like an aluminum gear case and rear arms. Here is the build thread http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16269

Custom built dragster
Based on a Parma '41 Willy's body. The main tube chassis is constructed of brazed steel tubing then it was chrome plated. The wing is aluminum and all the mounts and wheelie bar are made of bent and brazed piano wire. The wheels appear up be plastic. On a car of this caliber of a build it would sure be nice to hang a set of Aluminum wheels on it.

Tamiya JuggerLux
This chassis was rescued from the dump by a customer of a hobby shop I worked for. It's the only piece I have kept from all my cars I had in the 80's I adapted the juggernaut body to fit to it. Some have said this was Tamiya's inspiration for the high lift.

Tamiya Hilux
This was a long expensive project. I bought the truck from Canada and it arrived damaged. I completely disassembled it and built it back up with all the correct hardware. Stripped the body of paint. Fixed all the broken parts then repainted it. This truck was featured in a 2003 issue of R/C Car magazine

Tamiya Mountaineer
This truck received an extensive restoration. All the chassis was polished. I used RAM electronics to give it headlights, brake lights and Turn signals. This truck was featured in a 2003 issue of R/C Car magazine

Bruiserlux
Bought from Bruiser builder from eBay. Body has custom extended cab. All the metal parts are chromed. Lots of custom add ons

Tamiya Bruiser
A new build chassis with a set of Mthompson aluminum wheels

Tamiya High Lift
Built with a few hop ups. Aluminum chassis, center supports, steering knuckles, JPS aluminum wheels. Outfitted with the MFC-02, this truck gets run the most out of all my collection

Tamiya High Lift & Catamaran
Bought from Cory of RRP hobby. Painted in house of color orange. The Black Jack Catamaran is by Pro Boats. Custom made Whitebone trailer. High lift is built with many aluminum hop ups.

Tamiya Jeep Wrangler
new built with a custom skid plate and happy time aluminum mesh wheels.

Tamiya Jeep Wrangler
This is my runner that gets bashed on.

I have been a fan of the RC4wd trucks. I like that they are machined from aluminum

RC4WD Trailfinder 1
Chassis built stock. I haven't decided on a body yet. Here is the build thread http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26738

RC4WD Trailfinder 1 Jeep edition
Built stock. Installed a set of aluminum wheels with rogue elements warn hubs wheel nuts. Here is the build thread http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26240

RC4WD Trailfinder 2 Hilux
Really cool truck that I have adapted a Tamiya MFC-02 to fit. Should turn out killer if I ever get around to painting the body.

Rc4WD Gelande II
Built box stock with a set of RC4WD aluminum Land Rover beadlock wheels. The rack is from a Hong Kong seller. Here is a link to the build thread
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 08#p374708

Tamiya Blackfoot
This tuck is full of hop ups. Full CCP chrome plated chassis. CRP body braces. Robinson ball diff and sliders. wheels

Tamiya Midnight Pumpkins

Tamiya Chrome Metallic Pumpkin
Box stock build with Tecnacraft aluminum wheels

Tamiya Lime Green Pumpkin
Built with a full vintage CCP chrome plated chassis. Aluminum body mounts. Tecnacraft wheels, muscle machines motor and mahogany wood lining the bed.

Tamiya Lunch Box
Box stock new built chassis with TMS aluminum wheels and aluminum body mounts

Tamiya Snap On Lunch Box
Box stock new built chassis with JPS aluminum wheels. This truck was a special promotion from Snap-on Tool for their distributors.

Tamiya FedUp Lunchbox body
Basically a new spare body for the Snap On Van

Tamiya Wild Wendy 2
Box stock new built chassis. Custom painted 1 of 20 Wild Wendy figure by Matt hicks. Custom machined TMS aluminum wheels. Muscle machines motor. Custom aluminum headlight buckets by Cul-tech

Tamiya Wild Willy 1
New built chassis. Custom painted driver by Fabrizio. Full size spare tire

Tamiya Dead Willy 1
This is my runner. Head for driver was a key chain bought from Disneyland

Tamiya Fast Attack
This is my runner built with a full thorp drivetrain and full bearings

Tamiya Hummer

Tamiya Pershing tank

Tamiya XR311

Here is some 1/14 scale semi's

Tamiya King Hauler with pole Trailer
Built with full bearings and an MFC-01

Tamiya Globeliner with Box trailer

Tamiya Knight hauler with Tanker trailer
Built with full bearings and an MFC-01 and tamiya aluminum wheels

Touring Cars and Mini's

Tamiya Porsche 934

Tamiya Porsche 935

Tamiya Porsche 956
New built chassis sporting 935 wheels

HPI Cup Racer Porsche 911 RSR
Jaegermeister livery from a Tamtech 934 was used to make this body.
Built with an Exotek chassis and a bunch of GPM and HR aluminum goodies. Build thread is here http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32799

Tamiya Tamtech 935
Jaegermeister livery from the 934 was used to make this body. Totally stock build that was chosen for Tamiya's June 2008 builders showcase

Tamiya Tamtech 934

Tamiya Tamtech Lamborghini Countach LP500S

Tamiya Alpine A110
Stock build with a set of the Tamiya aluminum four spoke wheels

Tamiya BMW M3
Stock build with a set of the Tamiya aluminum mesh wheels

Tamiya Martini Porsche 911 RSR
This TT02 is built fully stock with a set of bearings Airtronics radio and tamiya ESC. I used a set of the chrome Taisan wheels instead of the silver painted hoops. I also installed a Tamiya left hand drive cockpit

Tamiya Porsche 911 RSR TRF 415
I was able to reconfigure chassis to fit the smaller 251mm wheelbase of this body. I chose metallic blue to match all the blue anodized bits on this chassis. Wheels by Vaterra

Tamiya TA-02 Porsche GT2
This started life as a Taisan Starcard GT2. Carbon fiber chassis from GPM. Dampers are Tamiya TRF reds. Not sure where I want to go with the body on this one. I was thinking of trying out some leftover martini livery on the body

Tamiya TA-03 Rothmans Porsche GT2
Upgraded with the Tamiya FRP chassis and a set of GPM aluminum dampers

Tamiya Mobil 1 Porsche GT1
A standard TA03 short wide build with the addition of some speed line aluminum mesh wheels

Xray T1 BMW M5
Built with an upgraded BMI chassis and a set of Speedline aluminum mesh wheels.

Tamiya Tamtech 1/24

Tamiya Tamtech 1/14

One of my other weaknesses is wood boats, Love em

Here is my collection of tecnacraft wheels. This pic is a little dated as some wheels have come and some have gone.

Last edited by shodog on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

shodog
Approved Member

Re: shodog's clod and other trucks

Post by shodog » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Updated photos of my rides