good 4ws radio for a left hander lol

Talk about radio's, servo's, lighting, and anything else run though a reciever or radio here.
chewy78
Approved Member

good 4ws radio for a left hander lol

Post by chewy78 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:45 pm

so far i was looking at the futaba 4px, spectrum dx4r, and the hitec lynx 4s. any other that are easily converted to left handed steering? i think you can get cheap futaba compatible lower priced receivers.. i dont do crawling or any of that garbage, just need a good radio i could use for running a clod buster in the future if i decide to go with dual escs and separate front and rear servos for direct axle steering.
i understand the differences between the futaba s-fhss, older fhss, fasst, and t-fhss systems but not the other brands so much. Is dsmr spektrums latest system?

darat76
Approved Member

Re: good 4ws radio for a left hander lol

Post by darat76 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:30 pm

yes, dsmr is the latest for spektrum ground radios, and dsmx is the latest for air radios.

I can't honestly recommend spektrum, as there are issues with them that some people suffer, not all, just some.
As an example, at my local clubs track, there is a dead spot for spektrums at the end of the back straight, the corner is a banked sweeper that can be run at full throttle if the right line is taken, a few of the racers have lost their car's, both electric and nitro, as they careen over the bank and into the weeds.

I have a ko propo ex10 helios running a spektrum 2.4g dsm module for my racers, and it has given me problems, the first rx I put into one of them is giving up the ghost, as such it would randomly give the esc full throttle, or not give steering input, I changed it for another and haven't been troubled by it yet, but I am trying to get a new ex1 or ex2 ko propo.

The ex1 can be setup for a lefty, the ex2 may also be able to, but I don't know much about this radio yet, the catch with them is they are not a cheap radio, and the rx's aren't cheap either.

another good option is the sanwa/airtronics m12s, it's best used on electric cars, and I think it can be setup for lefty's.

chewy78
Approved Member

Post by chewy78 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:11 pm

i went with the futaba 4px system. got one at tower for 450 with one t-fhss receiver . Bought a couple of orangerx gr400s and gr400f receivers, a life battery, and some zizn aa batteries off hobbyking to go with it. i already had a sky rc m3000 and hitec x2plus chargers so i can use the life battery pack and nizn batteries in it. Its a real nice transmitter.

cobalta70
Approved Member

Post by cobalta70 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:28 pm

I went with the Graupner X-8N. It is still in the mail, so I have no hands on experience. However, it can be configured left-handed, comes with a lipo, has 4ws support, and decent price point.