WOULD YOU BUY THIS

Talk about radio's, servo's, lighting, and anything else run though a reciever or radio here.
charliechristmas58
Approved Member

WOULD YOU BUY THIS

Post by charliechristmas58 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Im in need of an 8 ch radio for a project i have in mind and was wondering if this is worth the money. dont know a lot about radios so thats why im asking. i know its an air radio but for the price.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... PAod6V8A1g
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

RcTommy

Re: WOULD YOU BUY THIS

Post by RcTommy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm

I have had good luck with the 4 remotes I have purchased from them.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:35 pm

That looks pretty slick for the price...I just proozed through the feedback and it seems to have good reviews.
Jeff

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 am

Wow what a sweet price. I don't know much about the legality of using an air radio for surface use. If anything, stay away from any model aircraft flying fields.
:shock:
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Gimpdiggity
Approved Member

Post by Gimpdiggity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 am

SFC K wrote:That looks pretty slick for the price...I just proozed through the feedback and it seems to have good reviews.

Hobbyking seems to do a really good job of only posting the good reviews...so anyone that has had a problem and reviewed the product as such, the chances of their review making it to the site are pretty slim.

TamiyaTony wrote:Wow what a sweet price. I don't know much about the legality of using an air radio for surface use. If anything, stay away from any model aircraft flying fields.
:shock:
Scale boat guys use the big 9 channel radios all the time. Heck, some of them have stuff that literally won't even work if it has anything less than six channels operating it. I've never read about anyone having any type of legal problems, or causing any type of issues even when sailing/driving their boat in the same vicinity as an airfield.

It may be a bit of a different story if it were a 9 channel radio that were NOT 2.4ghz, but since it is 2.4ghz, the likelihood of any type of cross frequency interference is pretty much zero.

I would love to have a nice big stick radio for my scale boat...but I don't love the idea of buying one. I don't mind using the less expensive Hobbyking and Hobbypartz stuff for my trucks, but for my boat...for some reason...I really want the stuff I use for it to be a bit more "quality." So, for a stick radio for my boat, I'd be looking at, the very least, a DX6i...