This fuel any good?

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
Sypher
Approved Member

This fuel any good?

Post by Sypher » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:34 am

The not so local hobby shop has this fuel, is it any good?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XJM38&P=ML
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Ultima ST

Post by Ultima ST » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:47 am

It should be, I have never used it personally. The stuff I use is Byron Originals Race %30 and once I used White Lightning, which was a wicked fuel, but it was too much $$ for regualer use. Hehe

Rockcrawler
Approved Member

Re: This fuel any good?

Post by Rockcrawler » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:52 am

Sypher wrote:The not so local hobby shop has this fuel, is it any good?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XJM38&P=ML

I would go with the Trinity fuel. The traxxas fuel has alot of oil because traxxas says to use it in there engines. If anyone has run this fuel and then taken there engine apart they will tell you that it was very gummed up even if you use after run oil.
FORD RACING!!!!!!!!

brushlesspede

Post by brushlesspede » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:35 am

I ran 3 gallons of traxxas top fuel in a maxx and never had any trouble. Although I now use and rather Trinity monster horespower.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:23 am

Rockcrawler wrote:I would go with the Trinity fuel. The traxxas fuel has alot of oil because traxxas says to use it in there engines. If anyone has run this fuel and then taken there engine apart they will tell you that it was very gummed up even if you use after run oil.
Gumming isn't from after-run oil, it is the castor oil in the fuel. After-run just coats everything to keep it from rusting.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Rockcrawler
Approved Member

Post by Rockcrawler » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:55 am

Halgar wrote:
Rockcrawler wrote:I would go with the Trinity fuel. The traxxas fuel has alot of oil because traxxas says to use it in there engines. If anyone has run this fuel and then taken there engine apart they will tell you that it was very gummed up even if you use after run oil.
Gumming isn't from after-run oil, it is the castor oil in the fuel. After-run just coats everything to keep it from rusting.

Read my quote again Halgar.LOL I said the Traxxas fuel is gumming it up because of there high content of oil.....even if you use afterrun oil. :lol: :lol:
FORD RACING!!!!!!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:04 am

Yeah, that's exactly what I read. I know that TRX fuel gums the engine, so do a lot of other fuels
it was very gummed up even if you use after run oil.
This would imply that by using after run oil, you can prevent/minimize gumming, when that is not the purpose of after run oil.

Rockcrawler
Approved Member

Post by Rockcrawler » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Ok, I see what your saying. But I know that the Trinity and Byrons fuels havent done that to any of my engines. :wink:
FORD RACING!!!!!!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:59 pm

Again, you're talking about the fuel and it's properties, not after run oil.

It's kind of like saying that your lugnuts are loose because you didn't install a muffler gasket! LOL :lol:

bluriot

Post by bluriot » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:51 pm

i used dynamite blue thunder and it worked just fine I am sure any nitro will do sypher :wink:
yaddiddameean

brushlesspede

Post by brushlesspede » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:27 am

I used blue thunder on a rustler with a megatech engine, and after around 1/2 gallon there was a dull blueish build up on the top of the piston. It would still run strong and very fast but I didn't like the looks of it. A freind of mine uses sidewinder and he loves it.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Krod Clod

Post by Krod Clod » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:20 pm

Blue thunder + afterrun oil
OR
Trinity Monster horsepower

The only two fuels that i've EVER used in my dragster OR my GT. Simple as that. They work.
:invisable:
black is back

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:23 am

Thanks for the info guys.
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

bluriot

Post by bluriot » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:04 pm

No Problem how is your butt pirate errrr I mean monster pirate working out? :lol: :wink:
yaddiddameean

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:23 am

Its been put on hold for about a week. I just had to pay taxes on my new 4x4 Blazer ($400) so I have to wait till I get my tax refund check before anything gets done on it.