Tmaxx doesnt want to start

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
boohoo583

Tmaxx doesnt want to start

Post by boohoo583 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:17 am

I have had my tmaxx for about 4 months and have only put about a gallon through it but now it wont start! :evil: Can someone help me?
Sup Yall!

Rockcrawler
Approved Member

Post by Rockcrawler » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:31 am

First, what all have you checked?
FORD RACING!!!!!!!!

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:44 am

Yeah, with the Maxx, there are so many things it could be.

Is the glow plug burning bright?
Has it set at all? If so, the needles could be plugged with dried up oil.
Are you over priming it? It could be that you have too much fuel in the
combustion chamber. If that happens, it will not fire until it dries up.
Is the idle still set correctly? These things will sometimes change over time
even after a gallon of fuel.
Is the fuel fresh, or is it possible that it sat for a while and some of the
nitro evaporated? If that happens, then the oil content may be too high.
Are you sure that the starter bearing is engaging properly? Very often,
the one-way bearing can become so dirty that it slips on the shaft
instead of turning over the engine.
Are the starter gears engaging correctly? I'm assuming you still have the
original starting system.

That's all I can think of for now without knowing more detail about the specific problems, set up of the truck and what you have already checked.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:20 am

It's a Maxx, what did you expect? LOL :wink: :lol:

I have a Maxx too, and after two stock engines, I'm done. I didn't get the first one broken in before it was toast, the second lasted about 4 gallons, but I only got 1 or two TANKS out of those 4 gallons that the engine ran for beans. Overall, I'm very displeased with the T-Maxx and will never buy another. This doesn't help you, I know, but his might.

The stock Traxxas powerplant is a hit and miss proposition. Some of them run well, most don't. Even the experienced tuners have difficulty sealing all the airleaks and inherent problems that they upgrade to other brands of engines. While no other .15 engine will produce the power/performance of the 2.5, it's so full of bugs and glitches, that it's just not worth the headaches.

Others here have and love thier Maxx's and I'm happy for them. I cannot recommend them with the experiences I've had.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

tmaxxmatt75
Approved Member

Post by tmaxxmatt75 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:32 pm

Yep. Happy Maxx owner here :D Have one for several years now. :wink:
Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:57 pm

I put a great engine in mine, did a few hop ups with parts that I found on clearance usually, then ebay'd it. I decided to keep my HPI Nitro MT Racer, only because I have way too much money into it and won't get any out of it..
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

ZakeriD
Approved Member

Post by ZakeriD » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:00 am

Halgar wrote:It's a Maxx, what did you expect? LOL :wink: :lol:

I have a Maxx too, and after two stock engines, I'm done. I didn't get the first one broken in before it was toast, the second lasted about 4 gallons, but I only got 1 or two TANKS out of those 4 gallons that the engine ran for beans. Overall, I'm very displeased with the T-Maxx and will never buy another. This doesn't help you, I know, but his might.

The stock Traxxas powerplant is a hit and miss proposition. Some of them run well, most don't. Even the experienced tuners have difficulty sealing all the airleaks and inherent problems that they upgrade to other brands of engines. While no other .15 engine will produce the power/performance of the 2.5, it's so full of bugs and glitches, that it's just not worth the headaches.

Others here have and love thier Maxx's and I'm happy for them. I cannot recommend them with the experiences I've had.
Ummm...Ditto on alll points. I tried to work with traxxas to solve the probs. I had and they treated me like crap.

T-Man

Post by T-Man » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:36 pm

ZakeriD wrote:
Halgar wrote:It's a Maxx, what did you expect? LOL :wink: :lol:

Ummm...Ditto on alll points. I tried to work with traxxas to solve the probs. I had and they treated me like crap

I can vouch for that. Traxxas has very poor customer service group, and the manager is horrible.
TEXAS Rockrash Crawlers

ZakeriD
Approved Member

Post by ZakeriD » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:43 pm

I don't get the whole traxxas thing. I still love the revo though...