engine break in

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
MT-assasin

engine break in

Post by MT-assasin » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:03 pm

hey every body! i just got a mad force and im crazy about it. but i need some help as to its engine. you see i got the rtr version and with it i got some manuals saying to tune the engine by tightening some screws and other stuff.(btw this is my first nitro) and i woulkd like to ask if i should follow those intructions or are tyhey already setup?
thanks

tmaxxmatt75
Approved Member

Post by tmaxxmatt75 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:59 am

Hello and welcome to NITRO :D God I love that smell. :wink: Anyway if you are new, like you said, FIRST Take your time. DO NOT rush break-in.

The truck will come with the needles set to factory specs. You break in your truck from there. You WILL have to adjust the needles during break in, the manual will tell you how. The HSN+ High Speed Needle and LSN= Low speed needle. Just follow the insructions. They should be pretty clear on what to to. But if you don't follow them closley you WILL shorten the life of the engine. Do NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT, rush break in or skip a step. :wink:
Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

MT-assasin

break in

Post by MT-assasin » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:51 pm

hey thanks alot. its just im really excited about it and i want to start doing wheelies and other crazy stuff. since im new to this im a little lost but youve cleared some stuff for me. thanks.

tmaxxmatt75
Approved Member

Post by tmaxxmatt75 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:12 pm

Feel free to ask any questions you have. There's several nitro guys here and outta all of us we should be able to answere any questions you may have.

Just be paitent during break-in. You can't rush that. :wink: You'll be doin' wheelies in 3 gear before you know it.
Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Rockcrawler
Approved Member

Re: engine break in

Post by Rockcrawler » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:10 am

MT-assasin wrote:hey every body! i just got a mad force and im crazy about it. but i need some help as to its engine. you see i got the rtr version and with it i got some manuals saying to tune the engine by tightening some screws and other stuff.(btw this is my first nitro) and i woulkd like to ask if i should follow those intructions or are tyhey already setup?
thanks
PLEASE dont just stat tightening screws.....you have to adjust them in small increments. Like dont richen or lean the motor more than a 1/8 of a turn at a time. On the High side needle and the low side needle you turn Clockwise to Lean and counter clockwise to richen. If for some reason you have to go back to stock settings, when you screw it in do NOT overtighten. The housing on the High side is made of brass and will easily strip. Just slowley turn it until you feel it start to get tight and stop.
FORD RACING!!!!!!!!