Need some help

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Need some help

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Ok you Nitro Heads answer me this. I ran my car today it was running fine until about half a tank then it just quit. I can keep it running if I leave the glowplug inghter hooked up and don't give it any gas but once I give it a little gas it well die. Or if I take the glowplug inghiter off. Does that mean that the glowplug is bad? Or is it something else ? I'm trying not to think anything bad about nitro but it's starting to pip me off. Any help would be great.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

132NHAF
Administrator

Re: Need some help

Post by 132NHAF » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Sounds like it might be a tuning issue. Once it gets warm it's running too lean?
The best advice I can give, and one I always try, is to swap to a new plug and try it. If the problem persists, then look for more answers.

Worse case scenario is that the engine is warm. That happened with my nephew's buggy. It would start fine, but as soon as it warmed up, it lost all compression.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 am

after looking it over i notice that the muffler was lose so i tighten that up. well see about getting a new glowplug and them making it run a little rich. Thanks :D :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 am

That will help with back pressure, tighten everything up, use locktite.

A new plug is a must, they are like batteries. Swap them out often, use them til they die - but have many ready to go.

I am no nitro expert at all, but I have read up on it. Glow plugs are a throw away item, they may cost $4-$7 but they do burn out and fail more often than not.

Hope that helps CC!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:43 pm

With the muff being loose i forgot about back pressure. thats what makes the full tank work. well get some more glowplugs i can get 6 for $4.00 :D :D
"Wow, What a ride!"

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm

charliechristmas58 wrote:With the muff being loose i forgot about back pressure. thats what makes the full tank work. well get some more glowplugs i can get 6 for $4.00 :D :D
That is a great deal, buy 12! I like my nitro trucks, but such a pain sometimes. I should take the time to relearn? the whole tuning process.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 am

This is the one i have http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c818-bahared-24ghz.html but i go it for $80.00
"Wow, What a ride!"

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:23 am

Heck of a deal for $80, How do you like it so far?

These are the few that I have,

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.as ... D=LOSB0126 I liked it so much at the start that I went and bought a second one.

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_ ... GT8.0/RTR/ 8th scale and very big. This is the one that gives me the most trouble. Only a few tanks through it for break in so far.

I have a nitro powered Proboats Thundercat 31, going to convert it to brushless.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:06 am

The only bad thing about this car is it didnt have the bogbones in it to make it 4 wd. and i can get any help from the people as to geting some. they have 4 diff kinds and i dont know whitch ones i need
"Wow, What a ride!"

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 am

What kind of car is it?
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:27 am

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:58 pm

The orange one in the link. i ment to say I cant get any help from them. I might move up to 1/8 . My stepson has one that he never runs anymore might buy it from him . but i dont know for sure i wont to if i can get this 1/10 one to run right . i well try calling them tomorrow and see if i can get the parts i need.
"Wow, What a ride!"

cher9498
Approved Member

Post by cher9498 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 am

i always ran my nitro rich i'd rather foul a plug than burn the motor up from running it to lean
duct tape is like the force it has a light side and a darkside and binds the universe together
(from a scientist on the history channel)