Can you substitute...

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
OrionsClod

Re: Can you substitute...

Post by OrionsClod » Fri May 22, 2009 10:49 pm

I remember seeing a nitro rustler back in the day. I was like 10 or so, I had my Clod running around the grass trying to climb the steep hills at the park. I remember that weiner kid so vividly, he was just running circles around my clod while it stumbled around in the grass. After I wanted a nitro so bad but the price range was out of dad's budget. Now that I have one i'm kinda regretting it. I bought a glow igniter btw it started the second I pushed the button. Yep, so when a buyer comes... There you go it should be a sell I hope. I cleaned it and everything so it should be okay

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat May 23, 2009 1:11 am

You could keep the t-maxx for parts and buy an e-maxx to run around
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat May 23, 2009 2:17 am

Nah, he'd be further ahead to dump the T and just buy new parts as needed for an E or Revo.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat May 23, 2009 6:17 am

Personally I like the erevo. It handles really good and seems pretty durable. At the track they flat out fly over jumps and corner very well.
SFC K is my hero!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat May 23, 2009 6:24 am

That's what I meant.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat May 23, 2009 6:26 am

I say unless your racing stick to electric unless you can afford a gas truck or car aka 1/5th scale. They are the only ones that are reliable
SFC K is my hero!

MiRatlhed
Approved Member

Post by MiRatlhed » Fri May 29, 2009 12:09 pm

In my old rb concept engine I never used after run oil (I think it's way overrated). I ran the engine every weekend during the summer. Then at the end of summer I would tear the engine apart to inspect it and Then lube everything up with slick 50. Put it back together and let it sit until the following year.
After run oil is marketed so people that get their truck out once a month to play with it won't end up gumming up their engine. You see most people who don't know a thing about Nitro RC will walk into a hobby shop dump $700 on a sweet MT and then go home and play with the truck but do little to no after run techniques. Some don't even get the left over fuel out of the tank and lines. Then she sits in the closet for two months and they wonder why it won't start or run worth a poop when they go to play with it again. You don't have to use after run if like you said vw if you run your truck every week. The fuel doesn't have time to do any damage, then at the end of the season you get it ready for storage.

I still like my Nitro's and Electric the same, I have a nice GMaxx G3R electric Revo and my Clod. My two Nitro's are a BB UE VBS Thunder and a SB Dace Predator. All serve different purposes and they are all equally cool in their own right.

The Clod nudges all of them just for absolute coolness 8)

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Fri May 29, 2009 3:36 pm

I should have rephrased that. I drive it every week during the spring and summer. It just sits from october to around April. Too much rain to really run it around here. The only thing that I do is before I park it I run it til the tank is empty then I stuff a paper towel in the tank to absorb the remaining fuel and then throw the towel in the garbage. I do very little maintenance to them. I used to take my nitro rs4 apart and clean it every weekend but realized that wasn't very fun. Now I never clean them. I have dirt on them that has been there for more than a couple years. My personal belief is that as long as you run your engine a tad on the rich side it will last a very long time with little to no maintenance. At least that's how everything has gone for me anyways.
SFC K is my hero!

Bolt_Crank
Approved Member

Post by Bolt_Crank » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:48 am

My 2.5 sat for two - three years... I loaded it up on WD-40, though :lol:

Fired right up, and didn't even have to re-tune it for the proper trail of smoke!

It runs really hot, though, because it's in my 1/8th scale truggy :lol:

And you probably cooked the glow ignitor part of the ez-start... I cooked mine a little while back... Picked up a nice ignitor and now I'm set!

BTW, the 2.5 will run on pump diesel until about 25 - 30% throttle!
Jiggy jiggy wham wham YEAH!