T-Maxx won't start (not surprised)

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
Halgar
Administrator

Re: T-Maxx won't start (not surprised)

Post by Halgar » Sun May 17, 2009 5:21 pm

vwjuice wrote:The problem with traxxas nitro trucks is the strength. The chassis's flex too much and the gears just aren't strong enough to handle the power. Not too mention the engines are junk. Replace the engine wth a better one and get all metal gears and replace all the braces with rpm ones or the better option metal ones. This will take care of the basic problems. Then just upgrade other parts as you break them. Or sell it and buy a better truck. You would be much happier.
This is starting down a road that you just don't want to go on!

The T-Maxx is a piece of junk, you'll literally have to upgrade every single part on it, just to have it perform even remotely as it should have out of the box. The drive shafts are weak, the arms and arm pins are weak, the chassis is weak, the engine is garbage, the shocks are junk. By the time you've replaced all this stuff you will have spent way more than what just getting the Savage or other rig you're looking at. Sell this thing now before you've put so much money into it that you can't afford to get rid of it or buy the rig you want! Run, don't walk, from this thing while you still can!

And that's my totally unbiased opinion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Seriously though, it starts with a starter motor, then a pipe, then something else, then something else, then ... well, you get the point. Those $20 trinkets and doodads add up quickly. I've been there, done that, with any luck my experience will prevent you from making the same mistake.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 pm

It really is a long road. I am all for Traxxas products. However I only like the electric stuff. Of all the nitro vehicles I've had over the years, the Traxxas ones stand out as being the weakest. Electric traxxas stuff is great. Watch a traxxas slash race and you will see that they rarely break. They are practically indestructible. E-maxx and e-revo are both great. they can handle whatever you trow at them. I don't know if it's the weight of the nitro equipment or what? It's the power cause I have seen brushless ones that flat out fly. Much more power than a nitro one. I still say get the mgt3.0. Can't go wrong with that truck
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

OrionsClod

Post by OrionsClod » Sun May 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Yeah I know Halgar, those lil 15 to 20 dollar replacement parts are adding up so far i spent $13 for two glow plugs and $15 for that ez start motor. Guess what!? I was trying to clean the Carb and when I unscrewed one of the aluminum screws with a hex top. All the thread just came out, stripping it... I need a new carb now and yep it's time to get rid of it before anything else happens.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun May 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Interestingly, it will be worth the same, if not more WITHOUT the stock motor, so at this point you're not doing too bad. 8)

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sun May 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Yeah that's how bad they are. A t-maxx roller is aorund 150 used, a rtr truck with stock engine costs the same
SFC K is my hero!

OrionsClod

Post by OrionsClod » Tue May 19, 2009 7:07 am

Wow only 150? I've got a couple bites, mostly people from nigeria asking me to ship the tmaxx or they'll hire movers to come pick it up >.> I got a few legit ones. Hopefully I can sell this for 200.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Tue May 19, 2009 2:13 pm

You could always tell the Nigerians you're an American Prince that needs to move his R/C holdings off shore. All you need is $1500 set up in your name and you'll send them the Maxx for collateral. :mrgreen:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Tue May 19, 2009 10:55 pm

OrionsClod wrote:Wow only 150? I've got a couple bites, mostly people from nigeria asking me to ship the tmaxx or they'll hire movers to come pick it up >.> I got a few legit ones. Hopefully I can sell this for 200.
DON'T DEAL WITH ANYONE FROM OUT THE COUNTRY. Unless it's on ebay. If you do, tell them that the payment most be paid upfront and if it's any kind of check don't take it. Also make sure the payment clears at the bank before handing it over. There's a big problem with people scamming others from craigslist and other sites.
SFC K is my hero!