My first nitro is on the way...

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
Bolt_Crank
Approved Member

Post by Bolt_Crank » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:16 pm

eeek, says I

Though, I think, if I go to upgrade the motor... I'll try some..... "alternative" fuels on the 2.5 :lol:
Jiggy jiggy wham wham YEAH!

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm

As far as the XTM being bolt-in, I would imagine it is, but you need to make sure to get the correct shaft lenght.

I've not heard of two-chamber pipes. I've seen some that were adjustable, but that's it. I'm a little behind on the pipe scene right now. A good low-end pipe is the AE pipe. Not annodized, they are only about $18 and they will give an incredible amount of torque to just about any engine.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

Bolt_Crank
Approved Member

Post by Bolt_Crank » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:26 am

the O.S. .18 is a direct drop in, just needs a different header....

it came in the mail today! :D

I'll be running it tomorrow if I manage to wake up in time to go grab me some fuel and a temp gun, filter oil, and maybe replacement turnbuckles... :lol:

hated1racing
Approved Member

Post by hated1racing » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:01 pm

have you run it yet? unless you are an excellent driver you wont need a more powerfull motor in that thing, i think you'll agree after you drive it in the dirt.
'everybody needs to believe in something, i believe i'll have another beer'. -Lee Ving

"how fortunate for governments that the people they administer dont think". -Adolph Hitler

Bolt_Crank
Approved Member

Post by Bolt_Crank » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:20 pm

yep, I went for a boot with it the second day I got it... my street isn't big enough to really wind it out or anything, lol

gotta do some anti-snow work to it now....

but it is definitaly quick!

I put some 50 weight oil into the diff, so I want to test out the difference from the open diff it was before... and I'm gonna be picking up a bit stiffer springs too...

hopefully the glue/tape job I did on the geolandars holds up :lol:
then I gotta get me some decent pavement tires...

did you change the shock oil at all from stock?

all in all, it's a The North American beaver has a big tail fun little machine so far!
I wanna take it for a boot in the dirt, and a wide open paved space... it's easy to boot up and down the street... I've got a fair bit of practice with that from my 15T 2wd electric buggy with "slicks" :lol: