Sad day at the track

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
fourxblz

Sad day at the track

Post by fourxblz » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:13 am

Got to the track late today,just in time for sign-up, and only ran a few laps on the new layout. Then the engine just stopped. Took it back to pit and got it running again so I didn't think much of it. Finally my heat came up, got fired up, died again. Restarted again,just in time to start race, made about 1 1/2 laps died again. I was working on it and would start, but wouldn't idle. While revving a little to get it warmed up it quit, STUCK. Pulled the pullstart and backplate off and it all made sense.

Paid to race for 1 1/2 laps and wasted all that precious fuel driving to the track :( :x

Traxxas will hear about this.
Attachments
000_0128a.JPG
TRX 2.5R from my RC10GT
000_0128a.JPG (77.19 KiB) Viewed 1282 times

RcK cRwLr

Post by RcK cRwLr » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:53 pm

Im sure you know that if you send it back they replace the parts or give you a new engine so good luck dude I hate when you get shafted like that I had a problem that when i got to the race droped the truck down my buddy was tunning it the starting buzzer went off and i took off and my shock end broke and I was the favor to win that race to couple peeps lost some loot on me but o well good luck man traxxas is good with that kinda problem you got there ! :wink:
ihaveabruiser wrote: As far as all non crawler builds go, they go in chit chat, this is RCCrawler not clod talk :flipoff: :flipoff: :lol: :lol:
MIke
http://www.GSRCRC.com
r(k (rw1r

fourxblz

Post by fourxblz » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:42 pm

Yea Traxxas is pretty good. I guess the funny part about it is they rebuilt that engine for me once after claiming it had a defective piston and sleeve set.

RcK cRwLr

Post by RcK cRwLr » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:57 pm

HMMM , maybe a Conrod also hhmmm
ihaveabruiser wrote: As far as all non crawler builds go, they go in chit chat, this is RCCrawler not clod talk :flipoff: :flipoff: :lol: :lol:
MIke
http://www.GSRCRC.com
r(k (rw1r

haganator
Approved Member

Post by haganator » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:26 am

I see the problem... its a traxxas engine. i have heard those are the hardest engines to start and tune. i believe it with the experience i have had with my traxxas vehicals.
this IS the greatest sig in the world, not just some lousy tribute.

fourxblz

Post by fourxblz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:24 am

haganator wrote:I see the problem... its a traxxas engine. i have heard those are the hardest engines to start and tune. i believe it with the experience i have had with my traxxas vehicals.

I'm not gonna disagree with that, but this engine ran so perfect after the break-in period. Since I had this in my RC10GT (ran it in my T-Maxx for 3/4 to 1 gallon), it never ran hot, could idle through a tank of fuel and just totally screamed. I thought I had a good one until now and was hoping wouldn't give me any problems until it was worn out.
I've boken-in 3 of these engines and it blows. They are so finiky and run hot during the first quart-half gallon. I recently put a new one in my T-Maxx, now with about 10-12 tanks, and it's just beginning to show some consistency, but will still get hot sometimes.

I called Traxxas today. The tech told me that it would be better to just do the engine exchange ($105). I told him the rod shouldn't have broken. I also told him that I just had the backplate off 3-4 tanks(75cc) ago and everything was fine. He then said I could send it in if I wanted to for them to look at it.
In my opinion this shouldn't happen. I guess I'll send it to them because I'm not spending money on another engine when this one only has about 2 gallons-at most through it.

I'll let you guys know what they do for me.