Nitro Mt 1 ? what engine to buy

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
nitromt1

Nitro Mt 1 ? what engine to buy

Post by nitromt1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:37 am

Is the O.S .18 turbo Too much for a Nitro mt 1? or does anyone have suggestions of which engine is good. Thanks in advance...Joe

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:17 am

Are you talking about the hpi RS4 mt? Go to http://www.hpiforum.com and search for it. I looked there earlier and that engine was recommended. I think I wil get one too. :wink:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XGGP7&P=ML
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

nitromt1

Post by nitromt1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:25 am

yea It says (RTR) Nitro mt on box so it could only be the rs4 because its not the racer. This engines looks promising but then again so does this one http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XHLV9&P=ML I seen claims of 2.3 hp.It might be too much hp though.

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:20 am

Search for O.S. .18 CV-RX on the hpi forum and the first thread should be "O.S. 18", read tha thread. They recommend the O.S. .18 and some of them say that they were pulling wheelies with it too. :wink:
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:08 pm

I tell you, I've been running my O.S. .15CVx for over two gallons. The only change I made was going to an O'Donnell head with a slighly hotter plug. I run it a little rich, but it still has tons of power and stays tuned for a long time.

By the way, this is a Nitro MT Racer.

But, on the other side, I had a lot of respect for the XTM .18 that I put in my Maxx when I had it and was considering it for a replacement if I ever change engines in the MT.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

nitromt1

Post by nitromt1 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:35 am

So the turbo will be good then? and will the 2 speed will increase top end by a lot ? 15T 52g

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:56 pm

The two speed will definitely increase speed, but heed the warning of "For on-road use only". I had mine set up for the street and decided to play with it in the dirt again. I made it through about a 1/4 tank before catching air and destroying the spur gear. After that I took it out and it's been sitting in a box since.

But I gotta say, with it lowered and some Road tires on it, it was pretty cool. It handled like a cat on carpet and the sound it made when shifting put a smile on my face.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

nitromt1

Post by nitromt1 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Thanks thats cool But i guess i just keep using it off road. IAm just trying to get full potential out of the new engine I want to buy

Suprachrgd82
Approved Member

Post by Suprachrgd82 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:00 pm

The OS18's are awesome motors. It easy to start, reliable, good warranty and drops right in. You can't go wrong with one of those. It has good HP and tons or torque.

From my experience, I have grown to love the Picco XP series. I run a XP15 with a polished sleeve and it is is ridiculously fast and easy to do. It has less low end, so it's harder to break the tires loose, great HP, and serious top end (37K+ RPM). I've also run XTM15's, OS15's, HPI's, and NovaRossi 12's. The Picco's are my favorites.

Keep shopping around and reading up and you will find a good motor, but you will not be disappointed witht eh OS18.