Quick help

Talk about glow, gas, and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
Sypher
Approved Member

Quick help

Post by Sypher » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:45 pm

How long does it take a glowplug starter to charge?
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:57 pm

Probably 8 to 12 hours, since they are trickle charged. If it's got a little bit in it already, you can probably hit it for an hour or so to get a couple of starts out of it.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:08 pm

I have got it running twice now but the idle is too high and it wants to run off so I have to stop it. Then it needs charged again.

I cant get it to stop idling so high. To turn the idle down do I turn the screw in or out? Im assuming you turn it in.
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

tmaxxmatt75
Approved Member

Post by tmaxxmatt75 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:08 am

I thought those things only took 45min to charge :? I dunno though, I've never had one. :oops: I use the battery powered ones. And my maxx still has the cheezy start two on it. :lol:

Anyway, I'll check my carb's later, but I think clock wise opens the carb up more which you don't want. You wanna go counter clock wise to slow the idle. I think. It's been soooooo long since I've screwed with an idle setting. :roll: :oops:
Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:11 am

I was so mad earlier I started to get a migraine.

bluriot

Post by bluriot » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:27 am

mine takes up to 8 hours to charge :?
yaddiddameean

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:48 am

Screwing the idle screw in makes the engine idle higher. Keep in mind also that it may be your servo that is causing the high idle. The best way to adjust the idle is to take off the air cleaner, look at the opening inside the carb and measure it. It should be about 1mm open. Next, remove the servo arm for the carb. It is best if you have a throttle return spring for this so you don't accidentally go WOT. Now, with the car up on something (box, brick, etc) so that the wheels are off the ground, start it up. The idle can now be set easily be screwing the screw in to speed it up and out to slow it down.
After getting that set, shut it down and connect the throttle arm again. Now, adjust the servo so that when you let off the gas, the servo closes the carb down to your setting. It's actually ok to have a little tension on the arm as long as your brakes aren't being activated.
Hope this helps.

PS. If this does not work, it's very likey that you have an air leak somewhere. If you are good with the engine, then strip down the carb and check all of the o-rings for tears, cuts, nicks etc. Replace any worn or damaged o-rings. Also, check your tank and fuel line.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

tmaxxmatt75
Approved Member

Post by tmaxxmatt75 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:27 pm

:above: What he said :wink: =D>

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:50 pm

Thanks guys

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:45 pm

ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIIIIVVVEEEEE. Whew now that thats out of my system. I had an air leak in my fuel line and my idle was set way to high.Thanks 132 your a life saver.(or at least a headach preventer) :lol: :wink:

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:39 pm

I cant tune this thing worth crap. I got it running and it idled fine but after break in I tryed to run it and as soon as I give it gas it stops. I got it to run again and to go out around my yard slowly and drove it up to my house and then it stopped. I think im runnin too rich. Then my receiver battery died. I dont think I have the patiance for nitro so I may be getting rid of it soon. :evil: :twisted:

Ultima ST

Post by Ultima ST » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:48 am

Just give it a bit to break in and get tuned, after that nitro is a blast. But ya, by the sound of it it's too rich.

tmaxxmatt75
Approved Member

Post by tmaxxmatt75 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:53 am

How much smoke is coming out? While it's idle is it spitting a bunch a fule out of the exhaust?

Or is there not much smoke coming out. Because to me it sounds lean on the bottom end. But I dunno whatcha have tried so far. But patience bud, just take a deep breath. Smell them fuems. :D Now, once she's tuned everyting will be fine. :wink:

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:26 am

tmaxxmatt75 wrote:How much smoke is coming out? While it's idle is it spitting a bunch a fule out of the exhaust?

Or is there not much smoke coming out. Because to me it sounds lean on the bottom end. But I dunno whatcha have tried so far. But patience bud, just take a deep breath. Smell them fuems. :D Now, once she's tuned everyting will be fine. :wink:
I got it to idle fine but when I give it gas it conks out.
There is a little bit of smoke comming out and its spittin fuel. I tilted it and some fuel ran out of the exaust. And its realy hard to pull start, im getting blisters on my fingers from pulling it. :evil:
The thing makes me so mad I could spit nails but I find that if I walk away for a few hours and come back its not so bad.

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:50 am

Well.....I think im gonna sell/trade it. I dont have time/patience for it. Im hoping to get another clod after I releave myself of it.