Hi, i got a few savages, one xl project and one X with upgrades, i wanted to make a one stop post on clodtalk to get all the answers when it comes to the savage platform.
- Do "all" 1/8th diffs fit the savage (im still trying to find the answer for this one) yes Cen unit's do, but what about kyosho inferno?
- Do all Big blocks engine fit ( yes so long as use the savage engine mount and correct flywheel...) might also have to flip the carb
- Can you convert a 2 speed to 3, yes just get the full install kit, or better yet the full trans kit if you can find one
- What do you need to convert to a xl? Just the frame TVP and rear drive shaft (the xl also has bigger cups and dog bones, 3 speed..) but not everything is needed
- Why dont the k and f engines use the same pull start? Answer because one the k series uses a internal one way while the other uses the external OWB same with the orginal f.1 nitro star 21, and 25 engines
- Can you mount clod tires, yes its easiest to just use imex jumbo wheels with either 14mm or 17mm hex
- Steering and toe-in-out slop fix, switch out stock junk for alloy bell crank with bearing, and get locked out rear caster blocks
- Are the drive shafts from Turkey on e-bay any good ? No idea But id like to know they are way cheaper
This is just a basic start so feel free to add any Q and A or even just question and someone will answer ( I will try to keep this updated) whenever i have extra time.
Talk about gas and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest