Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

The first SCALE nitro USA-1

Talk about gas and nitro engines, tuning, and fuels here.
USA-1
First real R/C car: My first real RC was a Tamiya Ford F-350 wich , after a few mods here and there, gave most of his parts to my current scaler project.

The first SCALE nitro USA-1

Post by USA-1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:16 am

Hey guys!!! I 'm new on this forum and i'd like to show you some pics of my SCALE Nitro project!!! Starting from an HPI Nitro Monster King, i'll add some TXT-1 wheels, RC4WD driveshafts that i've polished and some other mods along the road..... I'm putting it back in function so i'll FINALLY have a runner while i keep working on my 80s scaler, so the rest of the mods will be done AFTER the scaler will be finished!!! So here it is, so far....

Overall view of the frame

Trimmed original TXT adapters!! Now i gotta fabricate my barrel bolts from tubing and nuts!

Body options, but i definately might end up with the '88 Chevy and turn it into USA-1!

The DRIVESHAFTS!!!! RC4WD Ultra Scale!!! The PRIDE of the truck LOL!!!!!

FINALLY!!! I really have the illusion of a real driveshaft's slip yoke here!!!

Overall view with the body on...

BARREL BOLTS!! Didn't like my home made ones so got REAL ones!!

Had to modify the axleshafts threads....

PRIMER TIME!!!!

Body work begins!! Let's rework the fenders and recreate USA-1's wheel openings!

Wheel adapters finally painted!!

USA-1 on his transport wheels...

I'm currently working on the shock towers modification!!!! So...what do you think, so far??

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Re: The first SCALE nitro USA-1

Post by SFC K » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:36 pm

I'm liking where this is going! Nice mods to the body!

:popcorn:
Jeff

USA-1
First real R/C car: My first real RC was a Tamiya Ford F-350 wich , after a few mods here and there, gave most of his parts to my current scaler project.

Post by USA-1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:32 pm

SFC K wrote:I'm liking where this is going! Nice mods to the body!

Thanks a lot!!! Glad you like it!!! Well the body is sure gettin' well , but i still have a LONG way to go before having it wrapped in USA-1 colors!!!! LOL Stay tuned!!!!

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:23 am

Very impressive, and nicely equipped workshop as well. :thumbsup:

USA-1

Post by USA-1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:30 pm

andymac0035 wrote:Very impressive, and nicely equipped workshop as well. :thumbsup:
Big thanks, Andy!!!! :thumbsup:

USA-1

Post by USA-1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Just for fun, can you tell that this tire has been repaired?? It was diagonaly ripped in the side wall where the R.L is (too well glued by previous owner!) and i've been able to fix it with LOTS of ShoeGoe and a ...a...BIKE TIRE PATCH!!! I've spreaded some ShoeGoe all around the inside of the sidewall in order to TRY to "balance" it.....HOPING REAL HARD it's gonna survive....I got NO spare tire set!!! LOL!!

USA-1

Post by USA-1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Update on the shock towers! The front one is almost ready to go to paint!! Just LOVE its new look!!!! Amazing how a simple added Tamyia bracket can add realism to a part!!!! Also, the shocks are custome built! It's a mix of HPI original shock cylinders and G-Made shafts and seals!

Skinner
First real R/C car: Tamiya Blackfoot

Post by Skinner » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:14 am

Wow is all I can say.... :popcorn:
5b baja-lx2e-clodbuster-mcx2 & more!!

~Pat~

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Post by SFC K » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:16 am

I do have one question, and that is where the heck have you been hiding to have just now find us? You have skills my friend! 8)
Jeff

USA-1

Post by USA-1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:52 pm

SFC K wrote::popcorn:

I do have one question, and that is where the heck have you been hiding to have just now find us? You have skills my friend! 8)
Well....Hum.....I've been on the RCMT forum for a while and a fellow Canadian friend i met over there (Cowboy Clod) talked to me about this place a while ago.....After having been short of time for my trucks for a while, i decided it was time to finally jump over here, since there's obviously WAY more action and nice people around!!!! And btw, thanks a lot for the compliment!! But i'll always say that i'm a beginner, especially when i look at MANY trucks i see around here!!!! But it's really heart warming to see how much you like the way i apply YOUR ''American RC recipe'' (there's not really any scale monster builders on my side of the border!!! VERY FEW , should i say!!!! Big thanks again!!

rex21
Approved
First real R/C car: Kyosho Big Boss

Post by rex21 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Nice work sir! I really can appreciate all the custom work you are doing. Home built or modified parts really make a truck yours in my opinion.

USA-1

Post by USA-1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:39 pm

rex21 wrote:Nice work sir! I really can appreciate all the custom work you are doing. Home built or modified parts really make a truck yours in my opinion.
Thanks a lot, my friend!!! Well, it doesn't only make the truck really yours, but also allows you to push the realism to its limits without ending yup with a truck that costs almost as much as a real one LOL!!!! And it comes really handy when the part you need doesn't exist on the market too!!!

BloodClod
Site Admin

Post by BloodClod » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:13 am

Just saw this and must say I really enjoyed the story of your build through the pictures. Very interesting mods and the body work looks amazing!

Please keep the updates coming.

I had a buddy build a nitro txt1 before and it was a beast! I'm looking forward to yours running. :)
... was once the totalitarian admin here trying to be god...

BloodClod
email: bloodclod@hotmail.com

Diamond Dave
First real R/C car: Losi Jr-T (1989), Losi Jrx2 (1990)
FS Racing King Kong
AlumaClod
Losi Ten-T X 2
Traxxas Slash
TA MGT 8.0, TA TC4, TT01 Drift
SCX-10 Hybrid
Tamiya CR-01, Porsche 959
Evader ST, XTM X-cellerator
Speedwerks Turmoil EBuggy
ProBoats ThunderCat
Six Heli's, Champ plane

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:55 pm

I am surprised that I have not read this either, his collection is amazing.

The work that has been done on these trucks is outstanding. Tons of pictures on RC10talk.