EVX2 Setup question.

Discuss all the facets of R/C electronics here.

EVX2 Setup question.

Post by LAV25 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Got a question, sort of a minor annoyance really, on my EVX-2. I have one of the ones with the LVD warning, but I've just got the truck finished so I have yet to run a full pack through it.

The problem I'm having is that it frequently seems to "lose" its throttle settings when it's turned off or unplugged. I've got it rigged with the single battery mod, made a bridge/short loop for the second (non-BEC) battery connectors. Per the instructions, I plugged it it, pressed and held the power button on the unit til the LED turns red. Release, put the throttle to full, wait for it to blink, put the throttle to full reverse, wait for it to blink, give it a moment, and we're good to go.

The problem is, it seems that I need to repeat this sequence regularly after turning the unit off or unplugging the battery. Like I said, I was in the middle of finishing the build, so there was a lot of wiring checking going on (servo plugs in upside down, lighting systems, one Clod motor not reversed etc), so it was far from normal use, but is there something I need to do to get the system to "lock in", or is memorizing the setup routine just part of EVX2 ownership? It's not a huge issue, but I'd rather just plug in, turn on, and start playing every time.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'm the guy you saw hammering in screws with a pipe wrench, why do you ask?

Re: EVX2 Setup question.

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 am

Hmmm..... Only thought that comes to mind is wondering if you have a radio with endpoint adjustments.. and maybe the throttle endpoints are not set anywhere near 100% .... ?
(when calibrating)

Beyond that.... if your finishing the sequence..... then I dunno.... does not seem right to me.