Brushless Setup Yuki Model Samurai

Discuss all the facets of R/C electronics here.
winebuster
Approved Member

Brushless Setup Yuki Model Samurai

Post by winebuster » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:18 am

Hi All
quite at the end of my first clod, I am having some issues rgulating the 2 motors, hence my topic.

At full throttle no particular problem, but when I do a light pressure sometimes the back motor seems unwilling to move in the right direction, it gives some rear turn and then move again forward.

Can you help me? Anyone with this problem?

If you need more info let me know what and I will add.

Thanks
Tomaso

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Brushless Setup Yuki Model Samurai

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:46 pm

What speed controller is being used in the truck? What type of battery are you using?

It is normal for the rear motor to hesitate to some degree (at light throttle) as there is more resistance there.

winebuster
Approved Member

Post by winebuster » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:19 am

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:12 pm

So I'm assuming you have 2 of those systems. How are they connected to the radio receiver? Are you using a Y-harness? or is this a 4 channel radio with channel mixing?

I can see that the combo's you are using are sensorless. Sensorless systems do not have good response at very slow start-up. The slight backwards movement you describe (if minimal) is actually quite common (normal). It's best to try and give a tiny burst of throttle to get the truck moving initially.

Are you using 2 of those batteries to operate the truck? Or is one battery powering both systems?
I ask because a nickel battery is not optimal for running a brushless system, and running 2 of them would be asking a lot of it.