electric fly t600 motors???

Discuss all the facets of R/C electronics here.
Android

electric fly t600 motors???

Post by Android » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Tried searching online, just wondering what the verdict is on these these. I know they have been around forever. 22 turns 3 degrees timing. They make a reverse rotation. rated for 7.2 to 9.6 volts. And $14 bucks each shipped.

I figured i would try a set and run them on my 6, & 8 cell packs and try them on a 3s lipo. (rest in peace 9 cell pack)

I currently have a xl5 in my 4 link stock chassis clod with stock cans.

If i could get faster than stock-can speeds plus added torque i think it would be a big plus. We will see!

My Clodbuster has been a blast so far. Even having owned brushless trucks already.

Andy i have watched 90% of your videos. See side notes below :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

***Side note i do have a brand new evx-2, a set of titans (one with reverse) and two adjustable motor mounts, but until then i am enjoying the simplicity of a single battery. Looking forwad to 26/27 mph though :) .

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: electric fly t600 motors???

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:36 am

Just looked to see what those were. I really don't see any advantage to using them. You could use the titans and evx-2 with a single battery and basically have the same results. Actually the titans would be slightly faster being 21t vs 22t.

Android

Re: electric fly t600 motors???

Post by Android » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:40 pm

i just did a little more searching there is also an electrifly s600 that is 19turns 3 degrees of timing. Also an older motor that people have been using in the stampede after burning out their titan 12 t motors. The results were of course slower speeds, but with lots of torque. They could be geared up for equal speeds as the titan 12. The electrifly were also very durable and seemed to handle overheating better.

The t600 and t600r may be a different option for the clod. They are rated more for lower voltages, but are larger than a 540 size.
I decided to order a set and will report back after breakin and running some various packs. None of these motor have any leads so ill be upgrading to 12 or 14 ga wire and some low loss 3.5 connectors. I have done this with the 3.5mm on the motor side with my xl5 and evx2 already.