transmitter and receiver crystals

Discuss all the facets of R/C electronics here.
greenlantern

transmitter and receiver crystals

Post by greenlantern » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:51 pm

my clod buster did not come with crystals i was wondering how to figure what i need for the radio and receiver the radio says 75mhz and the receiver says am 75mhz ? please help

darat76
Approved Member

Re: transmitter and receiver crystals

Post by darat76 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:00 pm

from what I can recall about the old crystals, you will need to find a tx and rx 75 mhz fm crystals if you want to stay period correct, they are all standard fitment size, just being able to find them could be a problem. I haven't looked into tx/rx crystals so I don't know how easy/hard they are to get a hold of.

If period correctness isn't of concern for you, I'd recommend getting a nice 2.4ghz system.

Chumley54

Post by Chumley54 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Well, you didn't say what brand radio you have. For Futaba, the crystals are definitely available.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... H28274&P=6

That is for the AM 75mhz band, read the tech notes.

You may have a dual conversion or FM radio so you might need a different style crystal.

There is a specific crystal for the transmitter and a specific one for the receiver. They just plug in.
The model and a pic might help to help you....

For Cars, the 75Mhz and 27Mhz are the two frequency bands used. I don;t like the 27mhz band myself, as CB radios and a lot of other cheap RC stuff uses that band and it tends to have more interference. However, if you have a quality radion, this is less of an issue.

FWIW, a new FlySky GT-3b is about $37 dollars. The crystals run $15 a pair at Tower Hobby. The 2.4 Ghz radio can be linked to up to 10 receivers, and if hacked, 63 receivers. I have some old radios, and I find I just like using the newer ones.
1989 Clod Buster - Work in Progress
1989 Black Foot - Heavily Modded
1990 Midnight Pumpkin - Stock
1990 Monster Beetle - Stock - for Now
2016 Unimog 406 CC-01 Chassis

FlySky GT-3B - Hacked
Flysky GT-3C - Still Stock

greenlantern

Post by greenlantern » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 pm

the radio is a futaba magnum jr.