clodbuster setup ?

Discuss all the facets of R/C electronics here.
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: clodbuster setup ?

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:49 pm

I understand that you don't have stock motors, but the mabuchi motors that are stock for the clodbuster are very inexpensive and easy to come by, and in my opinion, better suited to the task at hand.
Another great option, since you are 4-linking the truck, would be a set of titan motors from the full-size traxxas e-revo.

This is the servo I use: http://crawfordperformanceengineering.c ... ducts_id=2

oncue03

Post by oncue03 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:29 pm

andymac0035 wrote:I understand that you don't have stock motors, but the mabuchi motors that are stock for the clodbuster are very inexpensive and easy to come by, and in my opinion, better suited to the task at hand.
Another great option, since you are 4-linking the truck, would be a set of titan motors from the full-size traxxas e-revo.

This is the servo I use: http://crawfordperformanceengineering.c ... ducts_id=2

oh okay i will buy that titans so should i buy this servo and clodbuster ball bearings from cpe ? instead of eddy bearing ?

regards

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:50 pm

I don't have a bearing preference, so it would probably be best to buy based on your location, as not all people ship internationally.

This also applies to ordering a servo. As long as it has metal gears inside and at least 100 oz of torque (more would be better), then go with whatever supplier is best for you.

oncue03

Post by oncue03 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm

andymac0035 wrote:I don't have a bearing preference, so it would probably be best to buy based on your location, as not all people ship internationally.

This also applies to ordering a servo. As long as it has metal gears inside and at least 100 oz of torque (more would be better), then go with whatever supplier is best for you.
if i buy this servo with bearings on cpe i will save money from cargo its better to buy together from cpe. thanks again!

oncue03

Post by oncue03 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:41 pm

hello again,

i did something on my truck i need more angle for turning left and right cause i will use only front steering so i drilled hubs. like that;

installed: