Matched Madness Motors for Clod

Discuss all the facets of R/C electronics here.
doodles

Matched Madness Motors for Clod

Post by doodles » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:24 pm

:?: I just recently dug my Clod out of storage.I've had it for about 10 years or so.Right now I have the Trinity Matched Madness motors in it which are 16T.I also have an old Tekin TSC411P ESC.Iwant to upgrade the ESC to a reverseing ESC.Now heres the thing on the box the motors came in it says you can not use with speed controllers containing reverse .Can I get an ESC with reverse to work with these motors or should I just get some new motors.If I go with new motors I'd like to go with something close to these motors.The truck runs well with these motors.

Big Schott

Post by Big Schott » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:57 pm

The only reason you can not use reverse is if the motors have a "Polorized Cap" on them. You can check this by looking at the end cap. If their is a capacitor on the end cap that goes across the + and - then I would do a test....
(a polrized cap usualy is black W/white band on one end)

First, disconect a motor to the ESC and just touch the wires from the motor to a 7.2V battery. + to + , - to - (works? Good)
then if it works reverse the connections - to + and + to -.

if the motor sounds the same (or close to the same) and doesn't make the batt hot in 10 seconds then it should be OK.

After all that I can say I have a set of matched madness motors and they work Great!! (Forward and reverse)

Good Luck and Have Fun!! :D 8)

Boondocs

Post by Boondocs » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:16 am

i also run the match madness with a SR and they run great :)
Clodzilla 2
Academy SB Pro
RS4MT Baja
Pa Boys ATV Club
Pa Boys Motorcycle Club

envious8420
Approved Member

Post by envious8420 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:48 pm

Big Schott wrote:The only reason you can not use reverse is if the motors have a "Polorized Cap" on them. You can check this by looking at the end cap. If their is a capacitor on the end cap that goes across the + and - then I would do a test....
(a polrized cap usualy is black W/white band on one end)

the polarized cap is actually a schoktty diode it helps with braking by not allowing the current for braking to run the motor in reverse. to use a motor with this diode on just remove it.
Fast Fords for life!
My 1:1 Ranger
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/246028
So good it'll make you wanna slap yo' mama.