"Big Bertha" Project Update! 4-24-04. She Has Leg

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:14 pm

ANother
Attachments
gas5.JPG
gas5.JPG (57.97 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
You crawl with 4, But I drive with 18 :wink:

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:16 pm

One More . Front view

Look Out Weeb. I got My gears running as well bud...... :wink:

Alfy
Attachments
gasss.JPG
gasss.JPG (58.65 KiB) Viewed 1793 times

weeb_beano

Post by weeb_beano » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:03 am

Hey... that is freaking AWESOME :) I guess you can make it waterproof if you really wanted too... with an application of this stuff that 3M makes which seals cardboard and turns it into effectively a water carrying container :)

The question then is what type of liquids to be carrying... preferably a non-carbonated alcoholic beverage... in large quantity ;)

I B RACIN

Post by I B RACIN » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:34 am

What pics, I don't see any pics???????????
Run with the Big Dogg's or stay on the porch

weeb_beano

Post by weeb_beano » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:35 am

You need to be logged in to see them... otherwise they don't show up inlined in the text...

I B RACIN

Post by I B RACIN » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:37 am

never mind, I didn't log on so I guess you can't see pics with out logging on
Run with the Big Dogg's or stay on the porch

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:38 am

What would be really cool is if you put some sprinkler pipes that fold out the back on the sides like those giant irrigation trucks they use to water crops. Then, take it to the dirt or off road track, and it could be the official water truck for wetting the track down. That would be cool. Too bad there aren't any tracks close by. :(

Well, whatever you fill it with, it's going to look cool. I've never seen a Clod tanker before, maybe yours is the first. Can't wait to see the finished truck, I'm sure it's going to be awesome. 8)

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:26 pm

weeb_beano wrote:Hey... that is freaking AWESOME :) I guess you can make it waterproof if you really wanted too... with an application of this stuff that 3M makes which seals cardboard and turns it into effectively a water carrying container :)

The question then is what type of liquids to be carrying... preferably a non-carbonated alcoholic beverage... in large quantity ;)

Nah Weeb. I'm gonna make it a lil more simplified.Don't want to complicate it too much. Besides Its gonna be aluminum...thsi is just my ptototype

Alfy

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:29 pm

MelvinsArmy wrote:What would be really cool is if you put some sprinkler pipes that fold out the back on the sides like those giant irrigation trucks they use to water crops. Then, take it to the dirt or off road track, and it could be the official water truck for wetting the track down. That would be cool. Too bad there aren't any tracks close by. :(

Well, whatever you fill it with, it's going to look cool. I've never seen a Clod tanker before, maybe yours is the first. Can't wait to see the finished truck, I'm sure it's going to be awesome. 8)
Melvin
Your kinda close to where I want to get to :wink: , but still not sure which way to go.. That is a nice idea about the water but i have a differnt angle to it :shock:

Alfy :calvin:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:33 pm

sweet

Monstertruck
Approved Member

Haulin Gas

Post by Monstertruck » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:13 am

I hope you haul Trinity Monster Horsepower or Blue Thunder and we can all refuel our nitros out of it.

Dustin

Sassy_Chassis_Clod

Post by Sassy_Chassis_Clod » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:24 am

lol tthat would be pretty sweet!! it looks great!!

keep us updated

Cubman

Post by Cubman » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:13 pm

CLODZ_72_2003 wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:What would be really cool is if you put some sprinkler pipes that fold out the back on the sides like those giant irrigation trucks they use to water crops. Then, take it to the dirt or off road track, and it could be the official water truck for wetting the track down. That would be cool. Too bad there aren't any tracks close by. :(

Melvin
Your kinda close to where I want to get to :wink: , but still not sure which way to go.. That is a nice idea about the water but i have a differnt angle to it :shock:

Alfy :calvin:
If you do decide to go that route, you can go to http://www.swampworks.com to get water pumps.

Shelby VNT
Approved Member

Post by Shelby VNT » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:16 am

That's sweet! Imagine the traction that thing would get with a full tank of water! I think Melvin's idea is great, but why not turn it into a fire truck and have a high pressure nozzle so you can hose the neighbor kids down? :wink:
-Nathan-

Sufferin' Succotash

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:24 pm

OK Folks,
Here she is Big Bertha with legs and some walking shoes 8)

With my two jobs I have now, I'm finding it hard to make time for my hobby( The Only Thing that Keeps Me Sane) :/ But after rejecting my girls gracious offer of going to the mall to shop on my day off, I decided to get some work done on my OTHER woman

Well after dreading the fact that I might have to make some custom links for her, I was saved. It turns out the extra lnks I had laying around fit her like a glove. I also put some Stock Savage shocks on her as well. After A couple of tweaks here and there I finally gave her some legs and walking shoes .She Still needs some work, like another center link...I tried to mount it but at the angle its at the link keeps hitting the axle stay some more modifying is needed but I just called it a day with it for the time being. I hope you guys like it and I promise I will stay on top of her, eerrr, ummm the project that is :wink:

I hope you guys like it :roll:

And Another, Side view

With Her belly

Alfy