tank lengths for monster tank

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
HardcoreMonsterTruck
Approved Member

tank lengths for monster tank

Post by HardcoreMonsterTruck » Tue May 23, 2017 2:37 am

Looking for info on tank lengths for monster tank project. Wanting to put a clod body on a tank chassis, most lengths I see include barrel. Thanks for any info.

RCMT John
Approved Member

Re: tank lengths for monster tank

Post by RCMT John » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:03 am

I couldn't find any info anywhere. Have you tried a tank forum or club?

HardcoreMonsterTruck
Approved Member

Re: tank lengths for monster tank

Post by HardcoreMonsterTruck » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 am

Its funny you say that because I was just thinking that at work today. Most specs I see are overall lengths that include the barrel length. Like the Sherman tanks, but are about 3 inches to short. I did find a Taigen Leopard 2A6 tank chassis I think will work, a little pricey but right length. A Soviet KV1 is close also, but going to try a tank forum or club to be sure. This is something I have wanted to build since late 80s/early 90s and I think back then ths Leopard was the only chassis close in length. Thanks for the input, hope to make a build thread on it sometime here soon.