Monster truck tires

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
jmw_man
Approved Member

Monster truck tires

Post by jmw_man » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm building a custom monster truck and am trying to identify tire options. I'm trying to do something with maybe a 6 to 7" wheelbase so my tire size might be somewhere around 3.5" to 4.5". Also, I want to know what all of my monster truck tire options would be that are less than 5".

I did find a tire for the ECX Ruckus but I honestly can't find what the actual diameter is of the tire.

132NHAF
Administrator

Re: Monster truck tires

Post by 132NHAF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Sounds like a smaller truck. Try looking f or any 2.2 tires. There are tons out there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3319628995 ... noapp=true
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

matt1ptkn

Post by matt1ptkn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Tamiya lunchbox tires are 2.2 and have that monster truck V-tread. Maybe a good option. OD = 4.33". Backordered on Tower at the moment: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXGM43&P=7.
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

jmw_man
Approved Member

Post by jmw_man » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Gosh, I was trying to draw up a sketch to get a roundabout size for reference and it looks like I might be wanting the tires to be even smaller. Smaller than 4", the closest I could find are the 2.7" Dromida tires. Honestly, this might be right where I want to be. I know I could just go out and buy a tiny little rc for pretty inexpensive, but they all seem so cheap, and I want something with solid axles for bashing. I know the independent suspension trucks all handle way better but there's something fun about the imperfection to the handling of a solid axle monster truck.

weeb_beano

Post by weeb_beano » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:52 pm

How about Tamiya TLT-1 tires and rims?
They are about 3.5" in diameter or so...