RC4WD Blackwell "the Beast"

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Gunder463

RC4WD Blackwell "the Beast"

Post by Gunder463 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 pm

so im on the boarder for buying one of these and i was wondering if anyone running sompthin like this or similar that can give me the ups and downs of owning a 6x6 vehicle and what there capabilities are, :?:

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: RC4WD Blackwell "the Beast"

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 am

Sorry I can't help you, although I did check it out on the RC4wd site. Then I knew I had seen one of those before! In 2012 I drove across the Simpson Desert here in Australia. At the end of the crossing is a tiny town called Birdsville. This truck is owned by the Road House and is used to rescue stranded 4x4's (for a couple thousand $$!!) that didn't make it across the desert.

This is one of my pics, but if you google 'Birdsville recovery vehicle' or 'Simpson Desert Recovery' you will find heaps more pics. It is a bit of an Aussie icon.

Gunder463

Re: RC4WD Blackwell "the Beast"

Post by Gunder463 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:19 pm

ooooo thats really cool, thanks for that info i think im going to end up getting one of those trucks, i wanna try a 6x6. they seem to be really fun,