U-HAUL PROJECT

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: My Mystery project. It has started

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 pm

6x6_BigDollars wrote:WHY DON'T YOU GO WITH A GEAR DRIVE LIKE JEFF HAS IN HIS PULLER USE 1/4 ROUND

FOR REAR AXLE SOME GEAR A MOTOR MOUNT BUILD IT ON TABLE FIT IT INTO TRUCK

MITE BEABLE TO USE THE REAR WHEEL SET IT UP FOR SPEED NOT FOR PULLING,IT WOULD BE EAZY.
^^^ I think that's an idea worth looking into. :thumbsup:

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:23 am

I already took it apart and i dont think i can use them afyer what i did to get them apart. it was a good ideal but im going for a scale look
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:31 pm

This build is going to take me forever to do. Need to order parts so i can start building and now we have a cold front coming in its to be in the high 20's so i cant be in the garage when its that cold because ya cant paint. and besides i well freeze . so i guess everything is on hold for now. oh by the way what color should i paint it ? it doesnt matter because its going to be the same colors Orange white and silver. :lol: :lol: :lol: Its a U-Haul truck :lol: :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

Gunder463

Post by Gunder463 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:36 pm

you need a heated garage!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:32 pm

I just need to finish it out inside and then i well be golden
"Wow, What a ride!"

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:21 pm

The only thing that i got done was to get all of it apart before my fingers started hurting. it was just to cold for this Texas boy to be out in.
U-Haul 8.JPG
U-Haul 8.JPG (109.67 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
U-Haul 9.JPG
U-Haul 9.JPG (103.21 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
"Wow, What a ride!"

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Im thinking that this one might be going to FATBOY to get powder coated.
"Wow, What a ride!"

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:44 am

Due to things out of my control this project is put on hold. I know but sometimes other things come first. well let yall know when its back on track
"Wow, What a ride!"

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:01 am

charliechristmas58 wrote:Due to things out of my control this project is put on hold. I know but sometimes other things come first. well let yall know when its back on track
Man, that is sad CC. I hope you get back on track soon! :wink:
Jeff

rayray

Post by rayray » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:04 am

You guys stop messing with Charlie, he tries hard and you got to consider the source!
Old guys can have fun too and remember, No Guts-No Glory!
I love my Chihuahuas, my Clod and my wife, in that order.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Well the only thing i got done on this project in the last couple of weeks is i built a frame for it all the other parts i need are still on hold. so im doing what i can with out them for now.
photo (157) (Medium).JPG
photo (157) (Medium).JPG (99.74 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
"Wow, What a ride!"