SFC K's Puller

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
6x6_BigDollars

Re: SFC K's Puller

Post by 6x6_BigDollars » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:42 pm

JEFF YOU DID A REEL NICE JOB ON THAT HOPE YOU DO A FULL PULL.
Message from clodtalk admin:
Jim, aka 6x6_BigDollars, has eye problems, he can't see the screen very well.
He writes in caps so HE can see what he's typing, he's not mad/shouting.
In PM's, it's helpfull if you change your font-size to "huge".

andimann
Approved Member

Post by andimann » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:49 pm

SFC K wrote:...I decided to drill holes and then Dremel and file the square holes to fit over the chassis rails. It fit the first time with out having to re-file. I was so happy!...
Good work. It looks like it fits perfectly. You might be better than me at this cutting and shaping business! :wink:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:56 pm

andimann wrote:
SFC K wrote:...I decided to drill holes and then Dremel and file the square holes to fit over the chassis rails. It fit the first time with out having to re-file. I was so happy!...
Good work. It looks like it fits perfectly. You might be better than me at this cutting and shaping business! :wink:

Thanks! I appreciate it!
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 am

Well, today I went to my first puller competition and I did pretty good for the first outing.

I was in the 7lb class and they start out at 100lbs with a pull off to break the tie at 120lbs. I only missed a full pull by just over three feet all three pulls so it ran consistently. I did try a air pressure change on my last pull and did about the same as the previous two runs.

Adjustments for me will be to raise the hitch to exactly 2" mark, and a pinion adjustment. I am running a 16t pinion now and need some more wheel speed. ESC is a SV2 with a 4600kv motor. Not sure if I should go up or down at this point. Weight came in at 7lbs exactly the way it sits.

Over all I can't complain on not getting a full pull but man was I close and the guys and gals (Yes, there were two gals that ran trucks as well) thought it was great considering never pulling before.

Their were some really sweet trucks there today and mine looks as though it is way out it's league.

I took a lot of photo's but if you want to take a look here is a link to my PB page. I took a couple videos too. I will post those soon.

http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/SFC_K ... C%20Puller
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am

And a video.

[youtube]uQMr7-CnjTM[/youtube]
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 am

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Lots of great trucks, I really like the Ford 4x4 puller. :)

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:41 am

andymac0035 wrote:Looks like you had a lot of fun. Lots of great trucks, I really like the Ford 4x4 puller. :)
That truck was sweet! Unfortunately he busted a hardened pinion and output shaft on his first pull! It takes a lot to twist a hardened pinion, it was in tiny little pieces. It was really bizarre. He normally runs on dirt and was getting to much traction on the carpet.
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 am

Ok experts, any ideas on which way I should go to accomplish a full pull? Pinion change up or down? I already know I need to adjust the hitch height. I think I have the weight set to where it needs to be.
Jeff

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am

when you coming to the end of the pull does the rig seem like it still has the power to gear it up or down?
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:26 am

No, when it gets to the end it looses speed and just stalls out and the tires spin slower. It does not even pull the front end up at all towards the end of the pull.

I am thinking if I can get more speed to carry it further in the run it will make a full pull early on.
Jeff

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:57 am

Id knock a tooth or two off and see where you end up..
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 am

That is kind of what I was thinking. :thumbsup:
Jeff

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:24 am

Moving the hitch forward too... Will get that front end up.

I wouldn't do too many changed at once because you need to see what affects what.
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:01 am

Budhatrain wrote:Moving the hitch forward too... Will get that front end up.

I wouldn't do too many changed at once because you need to see what affects what.
I'm not going to move the hitch forward. I need it at 2" exactly. When I ran it is sitting 1 1/2".

I am going to make a pinion change and see what happens this Sunday. Problem is my motor mount is not ideal for quick changes and requires a lot of turning wrenches to change up or down. I need to make a new bracket so I can pivot the motor to adjust pinions on the fly.

Weight is going to stay where it is at. Biggest move for me now is a pinion change.
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:16 am

4 days until the next event! 8) :) I'm getting excited already!
Jeff