SFC K's Puller

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: SFC K's Puller

Post by SFC K » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:39 am

Steering is great CC, its the gearing that is going to be interesting...I will at the LB steering though and see what you are talking about...
Jeff

6x6_BigDollars

Post by 6x6_BigDollars » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 am

JEFF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO THE OTHER SHAFT AS THE JACK SHAFT THAT YOU GOT

IN THERE NOW IS A GEAR DRIVE SHAFT DON'T GET RID OF IT YOU MITE HAVE USE A

GEAR DRIVE FOR RUG,I GAVE YOU ANOTHER SHAFT FOR THAT.
Message from clodtalk admin:
Jim, aka 6x6_BigDollars, has eye problems, he can't see the screen very well.
He writes in caps so HE can see what he's typing, he's not mad/shouting.
In PM's, it's helpfull if you change your font-size to "huge".

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:40 am

Got some updates...

Not sure if this will work the way it is...I have another hub on order so I can add another set of gears.

So the motor will have a 9 or 10T pinion that will go to a 48T spur, on the same shaft opposite of it will have the 24T sprocket with chain going back to a 24T Sprocket which is on the axle.

Some mock up of just the sprockets going to the rear axle.

Jeff

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 am

I like it
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

Kingclod27
Approved Member

Post by Kingclod27 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:07 am

looking darn good there sir!....Ive been loving the pullers more and more, would love to build one in the future
The Original Monster Truck

SPEED.......I..AM..SPEED

http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

6x6_BigDollars

Post by 6x6_BigDollars » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:53 am

HAY JEFF YOU HAVE LIKE A 2-1 NO GOOD YOU NEED THE JACK SHAFT

45 TO A 9 OR 10 THAT IS FIXED GEARING AND WITH THE ALUM HUB

YOU PUT A PLASTIC GEAR ON AND THEN YOUR MOTOR PINON THAT GIVE

YOU MORE GEARING TO PLAY WITH SO YOU CAN PULL ALOT MORE BUT THE

WAY YOU GOT IT NOW IT WILL MOVE A LITTLE AND STOP AND YOU MITE

COOK YOUR MOTOR.YOU NEED THAT JACK SHAFT.JIM
Message from clodtalk admin:
Jim, aka 6x6_BigDollars, has eye problems, he can't see the screen very well.
He writes in caps so HE can see what he's typing, he's not mad/shouting.
In PM's, it's helpfull if you change your font-size to "huge".

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks Jim! Yeah, I am going to abandon the whole chain drive deale'o and just go with two 94T Spurs and two 9 or 10T pinions and which will give me close to 100:1 ratio. As I add a tooth to the pinion I can slowly bring it down...I wanted to keep the chain drive but I need another way to add a jack shaft and I am out of mounts...

I also found out that they are having a test tune on the 20th so I need to get this thing ready. I hope my parts I order get here tomorrow. I am going to work on the body and mounting for the rear while I wait for the gears.
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:10 am

Well, parts did not show up so I moved onto the body. I have it all painted and stickered up. I am really happy with how it turned out...

And my new hitch mount...
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:44 am

That came out really good.

Since I know this is bound to come up..... lets have people talk about it here.....shall this be eligible for the truck of the month contest?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 am

andymac0035 wrote:That came out really good.

Since I know this is bound to come up..... lets have people talk about it here.....shall this be eligible for the truck of the month contest?
Thanks Andy!

I would say yeah. It is built to pull heavy amounts of weight and their are so many different types to choose from. :)
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:51 am

Yeah, but it's not really an off-road thing.....but.... it IS still basically a tractor...... kind of a grey area... you know..?

I'm okay with it if everyone else is.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 am

They do run them in the dirt... :mrgreen:
Jeff

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:17 am

Couple of observations... Are you building this to any specific class? Check out nr/ctpa website for a standard. I am a noob in this area and only borrowed a truck and ran it. But here is what I learned...

If you are looking at the 10lbs 2wd class... Try to get as close as you can to 10lbs using those suitcase weights. Most of the weight should be on the rear axles (or just in front or the rear tires) for bite. Some of the weight should be hanging off the front of the front tires.. The goal is to see the front end just barely bobbing up and down 3/4 of the way down the track and sled is at top of its run.

In addition, height of the rear hitch matters. Too low and you are dragging- too high and you are bobbing to early (hard to to steer and keep in line). Depends on a number of things but it should be easy to adjust at the track. The rule book on the nr/ctpa site has the hitch height limit. When I pulled I was close to the top of the height.

I will see if I took some picks of the truck I borrowed.

Looks good, you are inspiring me :)

Brad from TTR is a wizard at pulling, be sure to ask him mucho questions.
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:26 am

Thanks Mike!

This is going to be in the 7LB 2WD truck class. The hitch height max is 2 inches. I can drop it down by adding washers until I get the right height. I have weight for but until my gears come in I am at a stand still. I need to get the drive train done so I can move on to the rest. I do have the front steering done, and now the front body mount....

I am heading to a practice meet on the 20th so I am pretty excited to get this thing done... :wink:

These are the rules they use for the club I am going to be joining...

Chassis: May be scratch built or a combination of kit components. May be built with any of the following: Steel, aluminum, fiberglass, or plastic.

Tires: Rear tires are to be Tamiya "Wild Willies, Lunchbox, or Midnight Pumpkin" type tires only. Front tires are to be a minimum of 2 ¼" in diameter.

Weight: Maximum vehicle weight is 7 lbs.

Dimensions: Maximum length is 19 inches. Maximum width is 9 inches. The furthest point forward from the centerline of rear axle shall be no further than 15 inches.

Wheelbase: Maximum wheelbase of 11 ½ inches.Hitch:2 inch maximum hitch height.

Body: Must use a truck, van or car body only. All components must be under the body. Front tires must be in wheel opening
Jeff

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:30 am

These were taken before I ran. I ended up swapping like four weights from front to rear and then buying a couple more and tossed in the rear. I believe I had to raise the height of hitch.

Hope this helps
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/