New project (Tow truck)

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: New project (Tow truck)

Post by SFC K » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 am

I'm with Dave! It is hard to tell what you had to modify to get them mounted. They sure are shiney though! :wink:
Jeff

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 pm

I like it brother. It reminds me of when All American would wear her 73 inchers with the chrome rims. Absolute win.
:mrgreen:

My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:38 pm

The pins on the back of the rim were BIG had to drill out the holes on the drive hubs so that they would fit. I know that TXT rims have a bigger pin but i had some TXT drive hubs. These rims are a knock off of the TXT .
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 am

Well its been some time hasnt it. Going to have to get this one out of moth balls and see if it still runs.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:32 am

Ya, only a few years! Lets see how it is doing.