My new project MONSTER FIRETRUCK.

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Re: My new project (Caomhnóir)

Post by charliechristmas58 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Going to try some o rings. as for the pump. its one out of a little firetruck doesnt put out a lot maybe 1/2 gal in 4hrs. :lol: :lol: Im not happy with the way it works as of now. still have to see how to mount a tank and get the hose to the pipe with out kinking it when the boom is raised and most of all to look right. its no big deal if i cant get it to work. its not like im going to be putting any fires out with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: and besides water is heavy. after this one i think im done for a bit. winter is coming and there isnt any heat in the garage. next year we plan on building me a shop where i can put all my R/C stuff and tools and build things with heat and a/c in it. along with sat tv. :D :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:00 am

That is one very cool project - what about replacing the tubing on the boom with a car antenna / aerial ; might be a little more waterproof than what you have now ?

Put some dishwashing liquid in the water and a have a bubble generator !!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:02 pm

I decited to file 13 the water canon. i put a1/2 tank of water not much mind you on the truck. its to much weight for those leaf springs to hold up they squat to much. might look into some shocks to help with the weight. but for now its a no go. sorry guys. but thats R/C'ing. :lol: :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:54 am

C'MON, You can do it.

There is a way to get it to squirt without a leak!! You have got the man power and the know how!!

Dooo EEEttt!!!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Well i have to find someone else to make me some decals. the last guy is AWOL. no way of reaching him. :( :( Then it well be done. Im itching to take it out on a run around the school parking lot. might do that today.
"Wow, What a ride!"

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey, people put airbags on their tow vehicles, just dop a pair of short stiff springs to compensate for the weight. Or, an add-a-leaf
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I was wondering if i could use the highlifts shocks. i need to use some small shocks. i think that well do the trick for the weight issue. :?
"Wow, What a ride!"

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 am

I think the High lift shocks will be to short and they use internal springs, right? I would get some Traxxas big bores with heavy duty springs should fit the bill.

On the decals you could try my friend Nate over at groundpoundersrc.com. He makes vinyl decals and such. You might be able to try that route. Or and I have done this is to buy the decal paper at your local hobby store and print them in a printer that can do photo's. They turn out pretty slick. The key is to have a good printer. Then cut them out and place them onto your subject.

http://www.groundpoundersrc.com/showthr ... al-samples

Decal paper...
http://www.decalpaper.com/Default.asp
Jeff

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 am

Ok i made an aluminum skidplate and mounted it in the front. wasnt eazy to make.
antenna tube skid plate 005 (Medium).JPG
antenna tube skid plate 005 (Medium).JPG (85.39 KiB) Viewed 986 times
antenna tube skid plate 006 (Medium).JPG
antenna tube skid plate 006 (Medium).JPG (79 KiB) Viewed 986 times
"Wow, What a ride!"

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:33 am

It will do the job nicely, Good one!

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:29 pm

The truck looks awesome. I just finished reading all 10 pages on my iPhone. :lol:

If you decide to try again at the water line then think of brake lines. 1 line could be the housing and the other could be the actual water line. The housing wouldn't have water in it. It would just be there to give the water line something to slip into. You could have the rubber water line come into the housing and be attached to the water line. The water line could be held to the extendable boom at the top so it slides out easily while the housing is held to the main boom. Does this make sense?
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Yes it does. i have a vid on it moving in and out. Im trying to find some shocks that look good and are small enough to work on the back axels because of the weight of a tank with water in it. the leaf springs are made out of Delrin and i dont think they could take the weight without breaking. :D
"Wow, What a ride!"

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Tamiya semi truck shocks? Or maybe some touring car shocks?
If you wanted, some firetrucks don't have suspension. Because of the weight of the water tank, the axles are hard mounted to the chassis. The tires have large sidewalls and exspansive bladders in them to aid in absorbing bumps. They then use suspension seats for the guys inside for comfort. You could go that route although the leaf springs do look good.
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Nice job Charlie but please invest in a new camera! :P
Jeff

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Im trying to learn how to use the wifes Canon EOS REBEL camera. :D I do have a Nikon coolpix camera also. :D
"Wow, What a ride!"