Draggular II

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:02 am

Halgar wrote:Say, that Erkle character and BC look suspicioulsy alike! Coincidence? I don't think so... :? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY!!!??!!!

i do believe you're right dude!!!!....

the "do" is a little different...but the glasses are SPOT ON!!!
Last edited by overtki11 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

offroadford4x4
Approved Member

Post by offroadford4x4 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:27 pm

overtki11 wrote: thanks pal...

and

hey! what a coincidence....
i've seen these pics BUT i was looking for a website....
maybe you can help me find out if there are any "build" pics of these fine 1:1 rigs! they're beautiful man.....!!!

Ya they are nice trucks. I don't know much else about them, honestly never seen them before I took those pics. I wish I could find some build pics and maybe even specs on them. The only place I had posted those pics prior to this were on my 1:1 truck forum where I did coverage of the carlisle ATN's. Coulda been someone else used them elsewhere.

I have however seen the black on CMT's Trick My Truck. The one eposode the Chrome Shop Mafia guys rolled in on the black one. I don't know if they built it or had anything to do with it.
:confuse:
Stock TLT 4wd/4ws 15x2 Orion
TLT crawler custom chassis & Bronco body
Xtended pede with Tamiya F150 body
Bennett Clod
HPI RS4 Pro3 w/ 53 F100 body
1/6 CXT w/ Nylint crawler tires
65 GTO ProStreet Project / Ghopper chassis

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm

offroadford4x4 wrote:
overtki11 wrote: thanks pal...

and

hey! what a coincidence....
i've seen these pics BUT i was looking for a website....
maybe you can help me find out if there are any "build" pics of these fine 1:1 rigs! they're beautiful man.....!!!

Ya they are nice trucks. I don't know much else about them, honestly never seen them before I took those pics. I wish I could find some build pics and maybe even specs on them. The only place I had posted those pics prior to this were on my 1:1 truck forum where I did coverage of the carlisle ATN's. Coulda been someone else used them elsewhere.

I have however seen the black on CMT's Trick My Truck. The one eposode the Chrome Shop Mafia guys rolled in on the black one. I don't know if they built it or had anything to do with it.
thanks anywez dude.....i saw them pics on tenfourmagazine.com

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:22 pm

overtki11 wrote:HEY!!!??!!!

i do believe you're right dude!!!!....

the "do" is a little different...but the glasses are SPOT ON!!!
He likes to switch the "do" around to try and confuse his victims. Sometimes it's nappy, other times it's not. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:27 am

NAPPY!!!??!!!! BAAHaHAHAHAHhhAhHAHAHA

actually, wun BC be pleasantly surprised when he rolls round these parts again and finds a whole slew of BC dis and BC dat...:lol::lol:

then again...

i think he's too busy working on a secret project....SHHHHHH...dont say i said so..... :wink:

mtdriver
Approved Member

Post by mtdriver » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:02 pm

I have seen buildup pics of that black truck, and some distance shots fo that orange one before. I got the link from the garden trucking forum, Ill see if I can find it. If not, heres a link to the GT messageboard: http://www.gardentrucking.com/Yabb/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Jason

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:29 am

mtdriver wrote:I have seen buildup pics of that black truck, and some distance shots fo that orange one before. I got the link from the garden trucking forum, Ill see if I can find it. If not, heres a link to the GT messageboard: http://www.gardentrucking.com/Yabb/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Jason
hey thanks pal! appreciate the effort.....i'll go see if i can find it... :wink:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:48 am

remember how i said "i think i've figured out the trouble with 3rd"?....

well, a late night run in a carpark proved otherwise!! :shock: 3rd gear still sounds as though its "grinding down gears".....

first and second work like a charm but 3rd is driving me up the wall!!! :evil:

i tore it apart AGAIN (ahem, removed the case), expecting to see shrapnel everywhere but nope! :D thank goodness for that...

anywez, the case-less gear box is sitting right in front of me at my office even as i type this......everything looks ok but what could be the problem???!!!

anyone have this sorta problem with their 3 speed????.....

i'm kinda reluctant to tear it down completely....yes "lazy" :roll:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:04 am

I think that BC needs something to do, why don't you give it to him to figure out? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:50 pm

BC??!!! nah....i'd rather get off my butt and do it myself...... :roll:

which i have done.....today while at the office when my boss stepped out for a ciggy..... :P

BloodClod
Approved Member

Post by BloodClod » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:07 pm

overt - I give you constructive comments about your chassis design AND help you test that rig and this is the thanks I get? sheesh....

okay... looks like I got two clowns to ban...

:)

Seriously though... that truck runs awesome!
... was once the totalitarian admin here trying to be god...

BloodClod
email: bloodclod@hotmail.com

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:39 am

busted! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:00 pm

~(_:O) DOH!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shelby VNT
Approved Member

Post by Shelby VNT » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:23 pm

overtki11 wrote:remember how i said "i think i've figured out the trouble with 3rd"?....

well, a late night run in a carpark proved otherwise!! :shock: 3rd gear still sounds as though its "grinding down gears".....

i tore it apart AGAIN (ahem, removed the case), expecting to see shrapnel everywhere but nope! :D thank goodness for that...

anywez, the case-less gear box is sitting right in front of me at my office even as i type this......everything looks ok but what could be the problem???!!!

When you get a grinding noise trying to engage 3rd, it's not actually the gears that are doing it. It's the sliders with the molded on 'dogs' that are making the noise. The silders (we'll call them that for now) are moved by the shift forks to engage a different gear and the dogs on the sliders slip into the slots on the gear's face.

If you are having a grinding problem, I'm almost 100% positive that one of your gears is not seated properly onto it'd supporting bearing. I bought a complete, pre-built Tamiya semi 3 speed and had the same problem you do. I was able to see the shift fork and slider not able to engage a gear.....I think 2nd.....because the gear face was not flush with the bearing. This was preventing the dogs of the slider from engaging that gear completely because the gear was not in the proper location for the dogs to slide into it. I ended up pulling the gear back onto the bearing and it popped when going it. I think the bearing wasn't pushed in straight to the gear and so it was not seated properly. Spin your tranny with the covers off and watch the shift forks carefully while you try to engage each gear. If you notice the shift fork deflecting on the shift rail and you can engage a gear, this is your problem. Basically look for any gear that is not flush with it's support bearings.

Hope this helps. It's worth a shot. My tranny works great and I was able to get the gear into place without a tear down. You could have a different problem too, but I would check the gears and bearings first.
-Nathan-

Sufferin' Succotash

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:06 pm

Shelby VNT wrote:
overtki11 wrote:remember how i said "i think i've figured out the trouble with 3rd"?....

When you get a grinding noise trying to engage 3rd, it's not actually the gears that are doing it. It's the sliders with the molded on 'dogs' that are making the noise. The silders (we'll call them that for now) are moved by the shift forks to engage a different gear and the dogs on the sliders slip into the slots on the gear's face.

If you are having a grinding problem, I'm almost 100% positive that one of your gears is not seated properly onto it'd supporting bearing. I bought a complete, pre-built Tamiya semi 3 speed and had the same problem you do. I was able to see the shift fork and slider not able to engage a gear.....I think 2nd.....because the gear face was not flush with the bearing. This was preventing the dogs of the slider from engaging that gear completely because the gear was not in the proper location for the dogs to slide into it. I ended up pulling the gear back onto the bearing and it popped when going it. I think the bearing wasn't pushed in straight to the gear and so it was not seated properly. Spin your tranny with the covers off and watch the shift forks carefully while you try to engage each gear. If you notice the shift fork deflecting on the shift rail and you can engage a gear, this is your problem. Basically look for any gear that is not flush with it's support bearings.

Hope this helps. It's worth a shot. My tranny works great and I was able to get the gear into place without a tear down. You could have a different problem too, but I would check the gears and bearings first.
hey there dude!
thanks for the tip.....

but after tearing down and building up the tranny twice!!! :shock: ....i realised that after all that work and sweat.....it had nothing to do with the gears at all....nothing "IN" the gearcase itself for that matter!!

i'm almost embarrased to say this but...it was a case of the "rotating" ball joint on the shifter rod! you know, the one where the shift servo's conected to the tranny?....yeah that ball joint!!! it seems that sometimes when the servo shifts the shifter rod, it rotates away...ever so slightly...thus shortening the throw of the servo! %##^*&^(^%@$#@ and not allowing the "dogs" to fully seat into the gear...... :roll: :roll:

i'm a gonna mill out a collar (to replace the stocker) that places the ball joint in the same "plane" as the shifter rod as soon as i get a chance...so that the throw will not be affected....in the meantime, i've got some o-rings between the ball and cup to take up the slop thus preventing "rotation"...

well, i'm just glad that THAT'S sorted! sheesh!!!

thanks anywez Nathan..... :cry: i didnt think anyone cared!!! :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: