Draggular II

Talk about your custom made one-of-a-kind builds, and also off-beat R/C stuff that you just don't see everyday.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
jchung
Approved Member

Post by jchung » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:23 am

That is one FAST hauler! Man...I gotta show this to my friends in Hong Kong... :lol:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 am

jchung wrote:That is one FAST hauler! Man...I gotta show this to my friends in Hong Kong... :lol:
haha...thanks bro....Hong Kong? cool.....

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 am

Shelby VNT wrote:Dang! Draggula is slicker then snot on a door knob! :mrgreen: That is one of the coolest projects I've seen in a while. Definitely a very cool creation, starting with a Tamiya rig. Who would have ever thought of a drag truck?

Nice work. Looks awesome and bad to the bone. You've got some great talent with painting too. I like the body.

Small suggestion to finish the look off. Get some tube or center drill some 5/16" dia. alum. rod to give the impression of tube, cut two shortie stacks about as tall as the front windshield, put a nice 45 degree cut on the top end, and mount them in the center of your truck's hood, like they do on super stock pulling tractors! That would be bad arse! :mrgreen: Don't forget to polish.

Let us know how fast this thing is and how long the tranny holds up.
never thought of stacks thru the hood....but did consider these stacks!!!
Attachments
CLINT4.jpg
CLINT4.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Claude Balls
Approved Member

Post by Claude Balls » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:31 am

I think you have set a new standard.How about a front and rear shot.

jchung
Approved Member

Post by jchung » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:13 am

overtki11 wrote:
jchung wrote:That is one FAST hauler! Man...I gotta show this to my friends in Hong Kong... :lol:
You got a lot of props for your truck in Hong Kong! Member "Skyline" from rc-evo.com said Tamiya should hire you! :lol:

offroadford4x4
Approved Member

Post by offroadford4x4 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:22 am

First off, this is the most insane and creative prodject I have ever seen! It looks totaly sick sitting still and that hauler realy hauls @$$ !!!
overtki11 wrote:
That truck you posted was at the Carlisle All Truck Nationals in Carlisle Pa last year. I was there showing my F150 and here is a few more pics of that truck if your interested. The stacks on that truck are actulay 10-12 inch diameter :shock:

Click pics for larger image. Also the Orange truck I was told was built buy the same person/people

:confuse:
Stock TLT 4wd/4ws 15x2 Orion
TLT crawler custom chassis & Bronco body
Xtended pede with Tamiya F150 body
Bennett Clod
HPI RS4 Pro3 w/ 53 F100 body
1/6 CXT w/ Nylint crawler tires
65 GTO ProStreet Project / Ghopper chassis

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:46 am

overtki11 wrote:btw Halgar,......thats BC at the sticks.....yes i gave him the "honours" of being test pilot.....
I thought I recognized those shorts! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: those were the same Kamakazi shorts he was wearing when he tried to destroy Maxx! The camera panned too quickly, did he have a devious grin, drool, and kinda bulging eyes as he looked towards those overpass pillars? LOL :lol: :lol:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:59 am

Claude Balls wrote:I think you have set a new standard.How about a front and rear shot.

awww shucks dude... :oops:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:03 am

jchung wrote:
overtki11 wrote:
You got a lot of props for your truck in Hong Kong! Member "Skyline" from rc-evo.com said Tamiya should hire you! :lol:
thank him for me yah!

tamiya hire me?....i wish dude...i wish....

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:11 am

Halgar wrote:
overtki11 wrote:btw Halgar,......thats BC at the sticks.....yes i gave him the "honours" of being test pilot.....
I thought I recognized those shorts! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: those were the same Kamakazi shorts he was wearing when he tried to destroy Maxx! The camera panned too quickly, did he have a devious grin, drool, and kinda bulging eyes as he looked towards those overpass pillars? LOL :lol: :lol:
hahahahah!!! dunno man..my eyes were fixed on the truck.....there was an evil laugh tho...didnt know who or where that came from....HAHAHAHA

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:16 am

offroadford4x4 wrote:First off, this is the most insane and creative prodject I have ever seen! It looks totaly sick sitting still and that hauler realy hauls @$$ !!!
overtki11 wrote:
That truck you posted was at the Carlisle All Truck Nationals in Carlisle Pa last year. I was there showing my F150 and here is a few more pics of that truck if your interested. The stacks on that truck are actulay 10-12 inch diameter :shock:

Click pics for larger image. Also the Orange truck I was told was built buy the same person/people

thanks pal...

and

hey! what a coincidence....
i've seen these pics BUT i was looking for a website....
maybe you can help me find out if there are any "build" pics of these fine 1:1 rigs! they're beautiful man.....!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:24 am

overtki11 wrote:hahahahah!!! dunno man..my eyes were fixed on the truck.....there was an evil laugh tho...didnt know who or where that came from....HAHAHAHA
That sounds like him. His "MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" is usually followed by the sound of his flip-flops running towards the overturned vehicle, as he tries to hide the carnage. Then he adopts his best "Steve Erkle" when he says, "did I do theyyaaatt?!?"

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:42 am

Halgar wrote:
overtki11 wrote:hahahahah!!! dunno man..my eyes were fixed on the truck.....there was an evil laugh tho...didnt know who or where that came from....HAHAHAHA
That sounds like him. His "MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" is usually followed by the sound of his flip-flops running towards the overturned vehicle, as he tries to hide the carnage. Then he adopts his best "Steve Erkle" when he says, "did I do theyyaaatt?!?"

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 am

Say, that Erkle character and BC look suspicioulsy alike! Coincidence? I don't think so... :? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

overtki11

Post by overtki11 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:02 am

Halgar wrote:Say, that Erkle character and BC look suspicioulsy alike! Coincidence? I don't think so... :? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY!!!??!!!

i do believe you're right dude!!!!....

the "do" is a little different...but the glasses are SPOT ON!!!
Last edited by overtki11 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.