SG's Remo Hobby Batman

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Re: SG's Remo Hobby Batman

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:21 am

Although I would never buy any rtr from china ever again, I am Glad to see theres is someone posting new stuff around here, love the look of that body and yellow wheels it really ties into the batman theme. Working on starting a new build thread myself on a sick tuber I been planning a long time.

As for the ground pounder you mentioned in your earlyer post I have the same bitter feeling every time i hear the name Ground pounder mentioned. I dont know maybe it was the GP's glass axles housings, or the motor/gear box bent out of shape and misformed. The frame rails looked good but could be bent by hand, my biggest gripe was the loose junk rod ends. I personaly only owned a mad gear crawler (aka wasted 125 bucks) almost the exact same chassi with a few changes to GP most likely from the same factory though.

How can something look so ok but be such a pos I cant belive.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks on the wheels... I'm not in love with the body, but it's ok. I'm not sure on painting the wheels fully yellow until I decide if I am keeping the body.

With the GP, I feel the same - still have a bitter feeling over it. I won't go into it again except to say that I give it away as I saw no value in it. I have a thread on it if you want to relive it!

Looking forward to your tuber build.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:38 am

The HSP diff turned up and I stripped the Batman axle housing, but it doesn't fit. It is very similar, but not the same. While I had the axle housing apart I noticed that the axle itself was bent at the pin hole. There is very little 'meat' left on the axle where the pin hole is. The 'outer' bearing is 50mm in from the end of the axle.

A frustrating start....
Attachments
IMG_7103.JPG
IMG_7103.JPG (252.64 KiB) Viewed 106 times

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I sent the Ebay seller a message telling him about the parts that were damaged and sent some photos. I didn't 'buy' the warranty with this, but he is going to send me new 'upgraded' drive shafts and axles, a new motor and a new battery. I was a little dubious about the 'upgraded' description of the parts so I emailed Remo directly asking the question. According to them the drive shafts are stronger and they are off the brushless version. They haven't replied in regards to the axles yet, but I highly doubt that they are stronger, more likely just replacements. Replacing the motor and battery is a nice touch as well. It was kind of funny though, the seller said that the battery brand is 'VB' (very reputable) and they are rebadged HobbyWing batteries. :!: