Axle choices

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
RCMT John
Approved Member

Axle choices

Post by RCMT John » Sun May 14, 2017 5:22 am

What is the most durable axle ? I know it is a matter of opinion.I have had many TXTs and although they have heavy axles I have found the axles to be quite durable. I have launched my trucks off bmx ramps many times and shocks seem to be the weakest link.(granted I was using horizons aluminum diffs and ttrs cvds) I know there are better choices so Id like to get opinions. I like the madforce axles and am curious about the freestyle rc ones.(kinda pricey) Also I think the vanquish axles would be good for my smt10 but can they handle clod size tires ? I have multiple truck project ideas so this isn't about one particular truck. Thanks for any feedback.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: Axle choices

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun May 14, 2017 8:03 am

I'm no expert and I've only owned a few different trucks. As far as big jumps are durability goes I've found Ground Pounder to be terrible, Clod to a little brittle, TXT to be strong, but knuckles aren't, and Madforce to be very, very strong. I haven't jumped my Wheely Kings enough to know how strong they are!

lanky
Approved Member

Post by lanky » Mon May 29, 2017 10:19 pm

most durable... Freestyle RC's. I have been Extremely happy with both my Stock AR60's with beef tubes/ double trussed, and my vanquish Curries. I really want to try RC4WD Digger axles as they look awesome. But for my use Function over form, so If I lay out the coin... Freestyle RC all day

rcupp

Post by rcupp » Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 am

My SSDs are doing great, strong and solid, all one piece housings. Freestyle is a great choice too.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 am

rcupp wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 am
My SSDs are doing great, strong and solid, all one piece housings. Freestyle is a great choice too.
What is an SSD?

dubbl-a
Approved Member

Post by dubbl-a » Tue May 30, 2017 3:26 pm

I recently switched from AR60's to Freestyle axles on my KK2 and there is no comparison.
AR60's are great but the Freestyles are BEAST... :shock: :shock: :shock:

rcupp

Post by rcupp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:22 am

Sixtys Guy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 am
rcupp wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 am
What is an SSD?
http://www.ssd-rc.com/parts-for-wraith.html