Virginia Giant tuber

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Justinswraps
Business Member

Virginia Giant tuber

Post by Justinswraps » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 pm

It's been a crazy last couple months that I finally realized I've been slacking over here on the forums :cry:

Does anyone remember me having a chassis made by Lue Lee (mattzilla) last year? I would up selling the chassis off due to financial issues and regretted it ever since. Well I tracked it down and bought it back!

The chassis was originally built around ar60 axles, but after 30 seconds of looking at the chassis compared to the axles that was a no go for me. Sooooo I used my kk2 freestyle axles for mock up and fell in love! Wound up buying another set of axles for this chassis ( couple weeks till I have them). I would have like to used a freestyle transmission, but for what I wanted to do it wasn't in the cards due to drop box being too tall and would end up sticking through the floor of the I droped out of middle school pit.

I'm still trying to work some bugs out to get this truck sitting perfect and functional at the same time. I first bought 110mm shocks, quickly realized those were too long. Then bought 100mm shock which are almost to my liking but still too long. So now I'm going to get some 80mm shocks so I can mount them on axle and have my ride height I'm looking for.

I've bought all the goodies for scale accessories (still need a few pieces) the motor is cool but way out of scale for me. I'm having a new one remade to be exact to the motor in the actual truck.

I've got a long way to go but this build sure is fun when I find time to work on it. Links and sway bars will be heading out soon for powder and by then hopefully I'll have my other set of freestyle axles to start final assembly.
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Virginia Giant tuber

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:20 pm

"Remember that chassis I sold?" ... yeah... that narrows it down... :roll: :lol:
Come on you tease! Pics or it didn't happen! :popcorn:

dubbl-a
Approved Member

Post by dubbl-a » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:08 am

I almost can't handle this...you're going to have 2 builds with Freestyle RC axles!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:00 pm

andymac0035 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:20 pm
"Remember that chassis I sold?" ... yeah... that narrows it down... :roll: :lol:
Come on you tease! Pics or it didn't happen! :popcorn:
Yes photos please! Tubers is where its at 8) glad you managed to buy it back I remember the thread you started for the build and I wondered where it went.

Now I am employed! again I will be on a mission to buy New Era Juggernaut chassis hopefully a kind member somewhere will sell me theirs. Like I say tubers is where its at.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Truck was originally built for ar60 axles, quickly I did not like the look of them with the chassis. So since I was waiting on my kk2 chassis I figured I'd give the freestyle axles a whirl on the chassis. I don't think I could find a better set of axles for this build if I tried!

Jugg1~Diablo

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Starting to install the flooring

Scale accessories

Interior installed. Still have. A little more to do interior wise.

This is as far as I've gotten really. I did shorten the wheel base down from 14 to 13.25" looks much better. I'm also working on making the truck sit better, I don't like the links being at an angle like above. As of now I'm waiting on my other set of axles to arrive so I can move forward, al purchased some Rc4wd diamond plate sheets to redo the flooring so it's more visible.

Still tons to do but it's going to be well worth the wait and time I've put into it. Time is my main issue as it stands lol
Jugg1~Diablo

KONG
Approved Member

Post by KONG » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 pm

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 pm

What happened to this beautiful work of art

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:56 am

It got shipped off to someone else. It was going to take wayyy more effort than I was willing to put in to get it the way I wanted it. Really it's for the best lol, it was a train wreck.
Jugg1~Diablo

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:31 pm

That is a shame looked like you were doing a great job I suppose these types of build can get very complex a lot to deal with all at once I am the same I am a perfectionist. Then you start to think I could have done that part this way instead of that way and it starts to become a bit of a mind field :|
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead