Help with a Grund chassis build.

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Post Reply
User avatar
TamiyaTony
Approved Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: New Lenox, IL

Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:36 am

All, with my latest Clod all done and in the books, I am thinking about starting my retro build project. I have a Jamie Grund chassis, TXT-1 axles and the EMAXX tranny I believe. Is there a build page somewhere that would help me build my truck? I'm clueless about shaft driven trucks and really need help if I'm going to finish this thing. Thanks!

:oops:
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Thorntown, Indiana

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by jdmerrill1240 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

User avatar
TamiyaTony
Approved Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: New Lenox, IL

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Thank you kindly. I will study them and hopefully find what I need. The one thing that scares me is the two speed tranny.
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Thorntown, Indiana

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by jdmerrill1240 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:12 pm

TamiyaTony wrote:Thank you kindly. I will study them and hopefully find what I need. The one thing that scares me is the two speed tranny.
Your welcome, if you have any questions I can try to help you with whatever I can. I ended up using a new brushless emaxx transmission in mine instead of the 2 speed trans. If I recall Spencer (Manfjourde) locked his transmission in second gear.
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

User avatar
TamiyaTony
Approved Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: New Lenox, IL

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by TamiyaTony » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:14 am

Okay. I just purchased the High Lift leaf spring kit and am waiting for it to ship. Do you know what drive shafts I need?
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

jdmerrill1240
Approved Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Thorntown, Indiana

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by jdmerrill1240 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:28 pm

TamiyaTony wrote:Okay. I just purchased the High Lift leaf spring kit and am waiting for it to ship. Do you know what drive shafts I need?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/E-MAXX-Brushless- ... nav=SEARCH

I used these but like I said I used a different trans than you.
Juggernaut 2, Retro chassis Bigfoot, KK-1 Bigfoot 20, CPE Super Stallion, Boyer Digger , Why so serious?? Dark Knight KK-2

User avatar
TamiyaTony
Approved Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: New Lenox, IL

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by TamiyaTony » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm

jdmerrill1240 wrote:
TamiyaTony wrote:Okay. I just purchased the High Lift leaf spring kit and am waiting for it to ship. Do you know what drive shafts I need?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/E-MAXX-Brushless- ... nav=SEARCH

I used these but like I said I used a different trans than you.
Okay thanks. I placed the order. Hopefully these will be a direct fit.
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

CowboyClod
Approved Member
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:18 am
Location: The Animal Farm

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by CowboyClod » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:09 am

I'm sure Jamie could help you out also Tony!! in steering you in the right direction.

Good luck in that retro my friend :wink:

User avatar
TamiyaTony
Approved Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: New Lenox, IL

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by TamiyaTony » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:28 am

CowboyClod wrote:I'm sure Jamie could help you out also Tony!! in steering you in the right direction.

Good luck in that retro my friend :wink:
Thanks! Yeah, I pm'd Jamie but he hasn't responded yet. He's probably busy during the summer. BTW, did you notice the August photo contest? (hint hint)
:mrgreen:
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

CowboyClod
Approved Member
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:18 am
Location: The Animal Farm

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by CowboyClod » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 am

TamiyaTony wrote:
CowboyClod wrote:I'm sure Jamie could help you out also Tony!! in steering you in the right direction.

Good luck in that retro my friend :wink:
Thanks! Yeah, I pm'd Jamie but he hasn't responded yet. He's probably busy during the summer. BTW, did you notice the August photo contest? (hint hint)
:mrgreen:
PM sent!! :wink:

User avatar
TamiyaTony
Approved Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: New Lenox, IL

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:42 am

Bad news. I'm scrapping the build. I need money for a guitar build and this stuff needs to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-TXT-Axle ... SwbsBXm~Om


Good stuff here for a retro build!
:oops: :cry:
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

CowboyClod
Approved Member
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:18 am
Location: The Animal Farm

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by CowboyClod » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:21 am

:roll: That
Sucks :cry: :( :(

User avatar
GRAVETXT-1
Regular Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Out of interest guys am I right in thinking Jamie Grund TXT based chassis only accepts TXT axles and not TXT center gearbox am I right?

Can someone confirm this for me :?:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

User avatar
GRAVETXT-1
Regular Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Re: Help with a Grund chassis build.

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:06 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 pm
Out of interest guys am I right in thinking Jamie Grund TXT based chassis only accepts TXT axles and not TXT center gearbox am I right?

Can someone confirm this for me :?:
BUMP. Anyone?
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests