CC-JK

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
spider
Approved Member

CC-JK

Post by spider » Fri May 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Well after not bothering with it for a long time, trying to sell it off, I finally decided to work on it this week.
Here are some updated photos of getting the body fitted up with the chassis.

Its turning out to be a fun little build. Not sure how crazy Im going to go with it after the body is mated up but we shall see.
----------------------------------
Beer Drinkers & Hellraisers
For Those About To
Rock Crawl,
We Salute You!!!!

SFC K
Administrator

Re: CC-JK

Post by SFC K » Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 pm

8) I like it a lot and it fits the CC-o1 chassis really well. Remove the front block and you will be set. How does the rear end sit when the shocks are mounted?

I'm kind of a CC-01 nut so if you have questions, let me know. My build thread...

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=24555&p=278602#p278602
Jeff

spider
Approved Member

Post by spider » Sat May 03, 2014 4:42 am

thanks alot. I was gonna slim down that front block but then I got to thinking it looked sorta like a front stubby on most jeeps. I was reaching on when I posted this to see if there would be yay's or nay's on it as I am stumped myself if I should remove it or not. I do think youre right tho it looks too thick for the front end.

I havent found a spot to mount the rear shocks yet. It got late last night and I thought I wouldve gotten some time in on it tonight but.......

I think I will need to cut a section out of the rear of the body to get the shocks to work. Im not sure if I have the body height in the rear finalized either. I need to work a few issues out yet to decide it fate.

How fast are these things and what is a good motor for it? I didnt want it to be too fast as thats only going to ruin the body. lol!
Beer Drinkers & Hellraisers
For Those About To
Rock Crawl,
We Salute You!!!!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon May 05, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks Spider! I just realized that link was to the contest thread. Glad you found it though.

The Stock silver can motor is really fast. I think on the 6th page of my build thread is a video that will give what it looks like on a 2s lipo.

I did add a HPI GRU to slow it down though.
Jeff