13" wheelbase JUGGERNAUT 1 build aka GRIM REAPER

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Re: 13" wheelbase JUGGERNAUT 1 build aka GRIM REAPER

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Man that's sad to see it all bashed up now. I remember when I first joined here I always loved that truck just beautiful build overall Alex.

Im like you as much time & monies we spend I couldn't bash it no way.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:36 am

Agree, it's nuts to bash a hard body.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for the support guys I couldn't resist posting on tamiyaclub and it hasn't gone down well! I knew you guys on here would agree that is why I keep it locked onto clodtalk 8)

At the end of the day it is a modded Juggernaut but insane to destroy one off body like that!
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Aussie Jeff

Post by Aussie Jeff » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 am

Alex, I know this is digging up an old thread, but could you tell me why you replaced the GPM hubs with the stock Tamiya ones when you did the reworking of this truck? I read the build from start to finish today, and am curious about your reasons for the swap, as I am considering getting some of the GPM hubs for my two trucks.

Jeff.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Jeff I think I replaced with originals because I needed to use thread lock on the bolts that attach the hubs to the axles which annoyed me. Back in the day I was into bling :oops: my builds are totally different now.

Being honest save your cash and just use the original Tamiya hubs 8)
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Aussie Jeff

Post by Aussie Jeff » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Ok. I wondered if it was due to some quality issue with the parts. Years ago, I bought the Hot Racing clod gearboxes, axle tubes and knuckles. The gearboxes were quite well made, but the tubes and knuckles were crap. The tolerances were woeful, with holes machined either too small or too large for the bearings, and threads tapped on the wrong angles. Almost as if they were each made by a different Chinese fella, each of whom was keen to knock off on Friday arvo and get on the turps! Haha. After trying to make them work, I gave up in disgust and never finished the truck. Now I have some motivation for RC again, I intend to build the clod back up, and will use as much of what I have got lying around here as possible. So, the gearboxes and Integy tubes are already destined for duty, and as I have no desire to go near Hot Racing rubbish again, I was considering the GPM stuff. I know there is a risk they will be poorly made too, which is something that cannot be said for the Tamiya parts. I know they will be perfect, but just hope they won't become the weak link with all other parts being ally. Either way, I have to purchase something, as I don't have any at all.

Jeff.