SCX-10 TR Honcho

If it uses driveshafts and straight axles, discuss it here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: SCX-10 TR Honcho

Post by SFC K » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Thanks guys! Well, it is done. Hope you all like it. :wink:

Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:53 am

Did you get the bed with that body as well?
Curious as to what that would look like on there. :?:

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:25 am

Don't think they come with the bed. It is for that model of the SCX-10 Honcho I think.

Jeff will set us straight. It does look good and tough.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:53 am

Nope, this is only the Cab. You need the Honcho cage to finish the look or make your own bed.

Pro-Line does have the F100 in the step side version, but the WB is 10.1". WB on the Cab only version is 12.1".

http://prolineracing.com/1-10-mt-bodies/
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:22 am

Went out crawling yesterday with my friend John and has a awesome time trail running. No carnage to report for my truck, but my friend smoked a motor on one and something was clicking really bad, but he kept running it. I think it was a drive shaft or output shaft on the trans. It was really hard to locate the exact area. :twisted:

I also discovered I need a new front steering rod that is bent on the ends and not straight. When it goes full lock, it hits the center pumpkin. The bent link allows you to go full lock both directions when using high clearance knuckles. My stock servo served me well too, but when I upgraded the steering and CVDs, the spline moves all around in the case making my steering move all around. I have a new Hitec MG/High torque servo on the way. :wink:

My new body has some scars now, but still shows well. I am very pleased with the new look! I also have some new Flat Iron XL's on the way too! Should look a lot better with the larger tires and help me compete with my buddy John. He runs 2.2 tires on all his rigs.

Any way, here are some pictures:

Jeff

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:11 am

The new steering rod will help a ton. Good choice on the servo, I run a few of those as well.

Your truck might be suited better with the 2.2's.

It will do a ton for the looks of it and you will see a huge difference on how it handles and gives forward traction. Great pics.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:51 am

Pretty sweet, I will say though, I think the 1.9's look better. :wink:

That's a money-shot right there:

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:33 am

1.9's always look better, more true to scale.

Many clubs across the country run larger tires for better results.

I like the 1.9's, realistic results when you run them.

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:39 am

Looks really nice Jeff! Were you guys at the Boomsite?

I would stay with 1.9s as well. Great pics sir.

Do you have the Axial bent rod ends on the tierod?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 am

Thanks guys! I am going with the 1.9 Flat Iron XLs which are much bigger than the early version FI. I agree, 2.2's don't have that scale look to them on these rigs. They do allow you to get up and over taller obstacles, but where is the fun in that? :wink:

Size comparison for the 1.9 Flat Irons:

XL: 4.76" tall x 1.83" wide
Non-XL: 4.20" tall x 1.52" wide
rex21 wrote:Looks really nice Jeff! Were you guys at the Boomsite?

I would stay with 1.9s as well. Great pics sir.

Do you have the Axial bent rod ends on the tierod?
Yup, we stopped at the Boom site on Sunday early. It was the fist time that we were able to go all the way north until you hit the fence. It was a cool route with water crossings, and a lot of rock areas. Only thing I hate about this location is all the sand. :roll:

Yeah, I have the bent stock Axial bent rod ends, but the still the center of the pumpkin still hits the center of the long rod. I ordered the SSD Titanium kit. I am hoping that the long rod will be able to mount on top of the knuckles with the steering servo link on top of that for more clearance. I will post up pictures tonight when I get home.

This is the bent link kit I purchased. Could not beat the price either... :)

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/SSD-Titanium ... d00024.htm
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:03 am

My HiTec servo showed up today and made the swap for the stock AS-2 servo. Once I took the old one out, I took it apart and the little plastic bushing was wore out pretty bad. Looked through my bearing stash and low and behold I had a bearing that was the exact size I needed to fit the servo. :wink: That never happens! :shock: Anyway, now I have a spare for something else.

Here is what my steering set-up looks like now. Just waiting for the bent links to show up. looking at the picture, I may have to leave the links in the current configuration. I really want to mount the long link on top of the knuckle, but I am afraid I would have to switch to a chassis mounted servo mount. I really don't want to do that. I prefer my battery location and if I make the swap, that would have to move as well. :roll:

I did not mention this before, but this little rats nest was found behind my front wheel hex after Sundays run. It was so wadded up that it pushed the hex with set screw off and was still in the wheel when I took it off. :evil:

Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:24 am

Tires showed up today. Down side to them is the foams are too soft. Purchased some Crawler innovations foams to replace the stock ones. I did a quick mock up and they are going to look awesome on my rig. :wink: MTF...
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:18 pm

New tires and foams all mounted up! Big difference and I like them a lot!

And the new steering links and servo mounted. Much better!
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 pm

"Training" wheels look good on there! :thumbsup: ...... :rofl:

... that's the crizzap I get from the crawler guys I run with for using large sized tires.. :wink:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:33 pm

andymac0035 wrote:"Training" wheels look good on there! :thumbsup: ...... :rofl:

... that's the crizzap I get from the crawler guys I run with for using large sized tires.. :wink:

LOL, and these are still 1.9s...These are as big as some 2.2 sized tires... :mrgreen: I really need to hit the trails with these. I weighted the rears as much as the fronts now too. I was tired of my truck tipping end over end because of the lack of weight in the rear.
Jeff