Which wheels fits on Kyosho Mad Kruiser?

If it uses drive shafts and straight axles, it's here.
From monster TXT-1's, tuber's, rock crawlers, trail-rigs and scalers, we cover it all here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
The Knight
Approved
First real R/C car: Tamiya Blackfoot III

Which wheels fits on Kyosho Mad Kruiser?

Post by The Knight » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:40 pm

The Mad Force/Kruiser have a 17mm hex adapter. Which wheels fits on it? Every 17mm standard Wheel?
Greets from Germany!

DER ZERSTÖRER - My Clod-TXT Project
The Blackfoot III
My Apocalyptic Volkswagen MK IV - A Mad Max Style Car

mrgrimm
Approved
First real R/C car: Futaba FX-10

Re: Which wheels fits on Kyosho Mad Kruiser?

Post by mrgrimm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Most likely yes...just watch the inside diameter (3.2" is probably the smallest you can fit without hitting the knuckles, etc.) Mot wheels these days are 3.8" so you should be fine.

Personally I like the looks of a smaller diameter wheel, and RiskyConcepts RC makes some aluminum wheels that are hybrid (meaning a 2.6" outer, but 3.2 I believe inner to clear the suspension...it allows Clod tires to be ran on about anything!

They are a bit expensive though, probably add some serious weight, so might not be a great idea for a bash truck.
Monster trucks rule :)

The Knight
Approved
First real R/C car: Tamiya Blackfoot III

Post by The Knight » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:39 pm

mrgrimm wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:00 pm
Most likely yes...just watch the inside diameter (3.2" is probably the smallest you can fit without hitting the knuckles, etc.) Mot wheels these days are 3.8" so you should be fine.

Personally I like the looks of a smaller diameter wheel, and RiskyConcepts RC makes some aluminum wheels that are hybrid (meaning a 2.6" outer, but 3.2 I believe inner to clear the suspension...it allows Clod tires to be ran on about anything!

They are a bit expensive though, probably add some serious weight, so might not be a great idea for a bash truck.
Ok, most of the pro-line wheels have a 17mm hex adapter. So they will fit?
Greets from Germany!

DER ZERSTÖRER - My Clod-TXT Project
The Blackfoot III
My Apocalyptic Volkswagen MK IV - A Mad Max Style Car

mrgrimm
Approved
First real R/C car: Futaba FX-10

Post by mrgrimm » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 am

From what I googled, the Kruiser hex looks just like any other 1/8 17mm setup. The only real difference I have seen in 17mm hex wheels would be center hole size. Most new wheel designs that are 17mm have the big center hole (which looks like what you need) and every set of Proline MT wheels in 17mm hex that I have had, had the large center hole.

Depending on your rig, the 1/2 or 0 offset will be an option. I usually like to use the wider 1/2 offset version on trucks but depends on a lot really.

My Savage has an XL frame so the wheelbase is kind of long, and I'm using the standard length stub axles so I can utilize a legit 17mm hex conversion (Savage still uses a shouldered nut/sketchy setup) which left it a bit narrow with 0 offset wheels, so that particular truck the 1/2 offset worked out good.
Monster trucks rule :)

NorthernNightmare
Approved
First real R/C car: TXT-1

Post by NorthernNightmare » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 am

Ya mrgrimm is correct any 17mm wheels fit, I perfer 17mm monster pirate wheels they are slightly bigger than clod wheels (clod tires are a direct fit on them, they also have a good offset to keep it wide, but they can be hard to find now a days.

Also run Imex jumbo wheels that are also 17mm, they are less offset but wider tire bead to bead overall, but clod tires still fit if stretched allot. Or just find the right imex swamp or chev maxx tires that are also hard to find now a days

All the other 3.8 wheels look too bling , but look and work good on savages .... Good luck, post some picture too :wink: