Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Slipper clutch question

If it uses drive shafts and straight axles, it's here.
From monster TXT-1's, tuber's, rock crawlers, trail-rigs and scalers, we cover it all here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Awesome Kong84
Approved
First real R/C car: Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas T-Maxx, and currently building CPE Barbarian

Slipper clutch question

Post by Awesome Kong84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:48 am

Can any slipper clutch kit work with an AX10 transmission? I have the one that comes with the Hot Racing trans however one of the screw holes stripped out. I am trying to find a replacement but my LHS doesn't have any. The ones I find online the shipping cost is too high. Would a Traxxas Jato slipper kit work? Thoughts?

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Re: Slipper clutch question

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:55 pm

I have put a traxxass clutch plate on a axial slipper plate before and it worked fine. I did have to use a short spring though.

Awesome Kong84
Approved
First real R/C car: Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas T-Maxx, and currently building CPE Barbarian

Post by Awesome Kong84 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Thanks for the tip. The LHS always has Traxxas stuff. Can't hardly fine Axial stuff in stock. Do you happen to recall the spring size you used?

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 am

If I remember correctly, I took one of those springs used on the stock clod axle mounted servo saver, and cut it down (I think in half).