Losi Dirt spec

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Justinswraps
Business Member

Losi Dirt spec

Post by Justinswraps » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:18 am

So for the last 17 years from Losi releasing the "affordable race truck" I was never able to afford one. Before I knew it they were long discontinued, due to not selling well.

I've searched eBay for years trying to find a new in box xxxt dirt spec. I was either the later bidder or just not a new in box one. This past spring I found one brand new in box! Granted I would probably be laughed at for the price I paid, but I wasn't about to let another one slip through my fingers!

I got the truck built and room quite the heat from Losi enthusiasts for breaking the seal in the box. The way I see it, what good is it if it's in a box. I have zero intentions on selling so why not build it for the world to see one of the rarest forms of xxxt history!

I sent the body off to Ez customs to get painted in box art form, wouldn't you know it Mother Nature took its toll on Florida. I thought for sure I was going to lose the original body. But thankfully Eriks home was fortunate enough to suffer minimal damage! I received my body today and was able to complete the build

I installed a Novak C2 esc and a Trinity Paradox motor. I wanted the truck to be period correct.

In all of Justin history, ONE has made the glass display case :shock:

Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Losi Dirt spec

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Justinswraps wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:18 am

I got the truck built and room quite the heat from Losi enthusiasts for breaking the seal in the box. The way I see it, what good is it if it's in a box. I have zero intentions on selling so why not build it for the world to see one of the rarest forms of xxxt history!

LOL... I wouldn't stop there... I'd run it too!
After all... that's why you originally wanted it in the first place right?