New (to me) Losi Jrx2

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
132NHAF
Administrator

New (to me) Losi Jrx2

Post by 132NHAF » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 pm

My neighbor is always coming up with something to give me. This time it's a vintage Losi Jrx2. Some questions:

Motors are silver cans with green ends. No markings but have what looks like replaceable brushes and possibly adjustable timing. Any thoughts?
Shocks: Are these rebuildable? Are they sealed with oil inside? If so, there's not oil in them now.
ESC: Novak TEMFET T-4? Any issues, other than the strange pinned connectors?

My son is thrilled to have a buggy to play with

Thanks,
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

matt1ptkn

Re: New (to me) Losi Jrx2

Post by matt1ptkn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Jrx2s are awesome vintage buggies! I have no clue on the motor, maybe a Trinity, but the shocks are rebuild-able. The early losi shock cartridges are well known for leaking. Best solution, other than newer shocks, is to get some newer style cartridges, part # Losa5015. Best place to find them and other parts is eBay or www.vintagelosi.com (www.sabulatech.com). The T4 is a worthy ESC and can handle up to a 2s lipo. No reverse though. Would love to see some photos! :wink: Enjoy it!
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

132NHAF
Administrator

Re: New (to me) Losi Jrx2

Post by 132NHAF » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks for that. I'll have to look up the shock parts. As for the ESC, I'll have to swap it out, my son will definitely want reverse, good thing I have Super Rooster (or maybe two) sitting in my box.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.