Some buggies for you

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and even on-road cars here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
wahrsuul
First real R/C car: Tamiya Hornet

Some buggies for you

Post by wahrsuul » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:16 pm

My collection of off road cars:

Kyosho Turbo Rocky:

My first race car - Optima Mid with hop ups:

My 2WD race car till it was outlawed: Maxxum FF

Pristine example of a Turbo Optima Mid Special:

This is one of the 100,000 Optima Celebration models. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell it from any other Optima with a gold chassis. There was a decal on the box and some difference between it and a stock Optima, but nothing you couldn't buy as an add on.

Tamya's try at matching the Optima: the Avante. Only run a few times, then shelved.

This started life as a Thunder Shot, but typical of Tamiya, the Terra Scorcher was the same car with some additions. I liked the Terra looks better so I added the parts.

My last racing Optima in the racing colors - Optima Mid Custom Special. I preferred the looks of this body stle over the CS, but I still have that one as well.

One of my Lazer ZXs. My last car bought overseas.

My other Lazer ZX. Got from a buddy when he broke it, left it with me to get fixed, and never came back. It's in now for fixing/cleaning. maybe I'll run it again.

My first ever RC car - A Tamiya Hornet. It's been through 3 bodies and a couple sets of wheels.

Then there's this thing: an AYK Viper. The ex bought this, I've never cared much for it.

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Re: Some buggies for you

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Pretty sweet collection!
That last one sure is an odd one.
The optima's look so cool. Never drove one, but they look like that went quite fast around the track.

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Post by SFC K » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 am

Very nice collection! 8) That Viper is different but Kyosho always had a knack for building oddities. That is why they are so collectable and hard to find now. Could be said for most of their vintage stuff. It took me forever to gather parts to finish my Slingshot.
Jeff

Zac_F85
Approved
First real R/C car: Tamiya Lunchbox and Playtron Doberman

Post by Zac_F85 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:14 am

The Optima Mids are gorgeous! I have always wanted an Avante just can't justify $400 for one though!
2 RC10's, 2 Losi's, 2 B4.1 Worlds, TLT-1 Grave Digger,

wahrsuul
First real R/C car: Tamiya Hornet

Post by wahrsuul » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks. The mids are some of my favorites. I still have a lot of parts in my stash for those. I was hoping the Lazer would be my next big racer, but when I got back to the states (Omaha NE), there was no real off road RC community. There was some 4-cell carpet racing, but the only on-road I had was an RC12-L, and I never really liked it much. So I kinda fell off the RC from then on.

The Avante was something of a disappointment. Tamiya had always done well in the "box stock" or econo class races we had so I was hoping the Avante would be up to the quality of the Kyosho Optimas. They turned out to be needlessly complex and a little too fragile. I never broke anything in it few brief runs, but I did bend a couple parts, so it was quickly retired. Haven't gotten around to doing a shelf queen detailing on it yet, but it's pretty clean as is.