Changing the racing fleet up a bit and tamiya wheel question

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and even on-road cars here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Changing the racing fleet up a bit and tamiya wheel question

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:03 am

Basically........ I screwed up...... #-o :lol:

I had a nice 1-2 combo of an LCG slash and bandit buggy going on. Both had about the same power and were close in handling, so transitioning from SC-open to 2wd buggy was pretty easy.

I finished 1st in points with the LCG slash, and 2nd in points with the bandit last season.

Then I got offered a really good price for the bandit...... and finally took it after much thought....

Then.... I made the mistake of driving a stock slash around (helping someone) and just had to get back into the stock slash class as I'd missed it a LOT.
Borrowed one for the last 2 weeks and got a 1st and 2nd with it, and it was a beater....... I bought a brand new one last week. :)
Took last night off and hit the Wednesday night race series..... TQ and 1st in the A-main. 8)

......and now I can't seem to handle my open-class truck for beans..... my fastest lap last night was turned in with my stock slash... go figure....

I seem to do better with R/C's that are not supposed to race well....... so... I finally gave in...... since tower finally got the kit back in stock......

And ordered a tamiya DT-03 Neo Fighter Buggy! Can't wait to get it and build it!
I ordered a few extras, like camber link set and sway bar set, but I neeed to get aftermaket wheels and tires.
Tires is the easy part, I know what works at the track, but finding more wheels for the tamiya is not as easy as it should be, or I'm not looking very good....

The DT-03 uses 5x11 bearings in the front wheels, and has 12mm hex in the rear.
Bright colored wheels, either white of yellow would be preferred.

Sixtys Guy
First real R/C car: Jet Hopper!

Re: Changing the racing fleet up a bit and tamiya wheel ques

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:15 am

You like being the underdog! Imagine the look on the faces if you started winning with a Neo Fighter!

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:30 pm

That is part of it.... :mrgreen:

The other part is that I have liked the looks of the DT-03 since day-1 and am looking forward to building a tamiya kit. This will be the first tamiya buggy kit I will have built since the 80's.

Links to any wheels for sale that fit this would be much appreciated.

Zac_F85
Approved
First real R/C car: Tamiya Lunchbox and Playtron Doberman

Post by Zac_F85 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:31 am

Search for DT-02 stuff - it's the same but there are more colors - Black, Orange, Yellow, White, Silver ect, ect
2 RC10's, 2 Losi's, 2 B4.1 Worlds, TLT-1 Grave Digger,