JRL Motorcraft Thunderbird

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and even on-road cars here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

JRL Motorcraft Thunderbird

Post by SFC K » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:52 am

I picked these up today with a couple other RC's today. Never seen them before and not a whole lot of info on the net for them. Date on the bottom says 1988. The One with the black wheels is pretty beat up and the other is in decent shape. What is interesting is there are two servos, one for the steering and one for the MSC (Tamiya style). The suspension set-up actually works very well too.

One of them supposedly still works, unfortunately I don't have any batteries that fit the Tamiya plug. :(

Anyone have one of these or still have one now?

On with the pictures:

Jeff

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Re: JRL Motorcraft Thunderbird

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:02 am

Nice find Jeff, looks like you need to solder a modern day battery plug on there and do some testing. ;)

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Post by SFC K » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:27 pm

andymac0035 wrote:Nice find Jeff, looks like you need to solder a modern day battery plug on there and do some testing. ;)
I know, I was thinking about that. I could remove the Stock servos and mount a standard servo up front and use an ESC to power the motor. These tires are really soft too. I bet it could move out with standard electronics in it.
Jeff

JHeitt142
First real R/C car: Tamiya 2WD buggy

Post by JHeitt142 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:21 pm

:shock: wowza! If i had this it would be a strait up stock car build! haha the body is perfect for that!