Zac's B4.1 racer buggy

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Zac_F85
Approved Member

Zac's B4.1 racer buggy

Post by Zac_F85 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Last time I was in WI - I went to the Toy Box RC race track outside New Richmond WI.. met Aric (Rex21) there and did some bashing on the track with my SC10 and his clod- he mentioned his uncle was looking to sell his B4.1 team kit I mentioned I was looking for a 4.1 so he brought it back the next day so I could check it out.

Was assembled and run a few times and he didn't like 2wd buggy and wanted back into a clod if memory serves me, was asking $150, which I did not argue, and came with a 2 bodies, as well as a AE SC450BL ESC/3300kv setup, standard Hitec servo, 2.5 sets of tires/wheels - 1 set new, and a spare trans that sounded bad but has nothing wrong with it..

The plan for this is to be a racer no more than that.. here is the specs with a good clean up and good inspection

Tekin RS Gen2 ESC
Tekin 10.5t or 17.5t motor (have a 10.5t) but the Toy Box races 17.5t
Savox 0252MG servo
Has RPM rod ends
M4 super soft Pro-line holeshots front and rear
New front axles (screws are stripped/ locked in so wheels can't come off)
New front wheel bearings
New aluminum servo uprights (screws stripped/ thread locked in)
Racers Edge glitch buster
going retro with the body - modern body vintage RC10 paint/decals from the RE-RE RC10 gold pan kit

Also plan to get a Spectrum 2.4 radio for this, my SC10, and my VTA racer (my race only cars)

2 RC10's, 2 Losi's, 2 B4.1 Worlds, TLT-1 Grave Digger,